The festival season kicked off in Crystal Palace today in what is expected to be the biggest Overground event yet.
Things got going at 9.30 this morning, with community group performances, screenings of short films from Channel 4’s Random Acts, and a light show from last year’s headliners Metamono all planned for the coming days.
Organisers say the 8th Crystal Palace Overground Festival will take the showcase “to the next level” with more sporting competitions, food and drink, music, film, and other delights on offer.
Happenings over June 26 and 27 are being held around Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle area before the big weekend.
For full details visit www.crystalpalacefestival.org
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist, 17, in coma following Brands Hatch crash
- 1 hectare of grass and shrubland on fire in Abbey Wood
- Neighbours campaign against plans to build Chislehurst school on allotments
- Protests outside hospital as Sidcup-based gynaecologist Rod Irvine returns to work despite investigation
- Feature: Speaking out about "traumatising" life as a homeless teen in Bexley and Kent