The director of a Dartford theatre school which helped launch the career of a Gravesend Bond girl has been suspended.
Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts at Miskin Theatre, is now the subject of an internal investigation.
The Oakfield Lane theatre is part of North West Kent College and it has not yet been revealed why the school has taken the action.
Gravesend’s Gemma Arterton, who appeared in 2008’s Quantam of Solace, started on her way to stardom after enrolling on a course at Miskin.
A statement from North West Kent College said: “Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts, has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
“This is a neutral act which by no means infers any guilt of wrongdoing.
“North West Kent College has no further comment to make.”
- Severe weather warning remains after winds batter SE London and north Kent overnight
- UPDATE: London Overground, Thameslink and Southern services disrupted due to fallen tree
- Retired fireman 'tried to dump murdered son in the Thames - but the tide was out'
- Parking charges at Dartford station to be lowered
- Here's your chance to throw things at Southeastern staff - while they're in the stocks