The director of a Dartford theatre school which helped launch the career of a Gravesend Bond girl has been suspended.
Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts at Miskin Theatre, is now the subject of an internal investigation.
The Oakfield Lane theatre is part of North West Kent College and it has not yet been revealed why the school has taken the action.
Gravesend’s Gemma Arterton, who appeared in 2008’s Quantam of Solace, started on her way to stardom after enrolling on a course at Miskin.
A statement from North West Kent College said: “Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts, has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
“This is a neutral act which by no means infers any guilt of wrongdoing.
“North West Kent College has no further comment to make.”
- A man has been stabbed outside a primary school in Plumstead
- Updated: 15-year-old boy charged in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- Teenager arrested in connection to Blackheath murder released on bail
- Brollies or barbecues? It's the bank holiday weather
- A woman whose teeth snapped off while she ate toast has been handed £15,000 compensation from dentists