Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Firefighters battle Sidcup wasteland blaze for almost three hours
A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a pest control officer
- Man who sexually assaulted sleeping woman on West Wickham train avoids jail
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01689 885 721.
Comments are closed on this article.