A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- Jailed cigarette smuggler has Dartford land confiscated to repay £4.5m crime proceeds
- Council pays £10,000 storing homeless mum’s belongings for five years
- JAILED: TV actor and 'dangerous sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Lewisham boy denies attacking police dog who was repeatedly stabbed while chasing suspect
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email email@example.com or call 01689 885 721.