A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email email@example.com or call 01689 885 721.