A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- Mercedes driver bailed after Bellingham road smash
- Beckenham mum fundraising in memory of daughter with rare lung disease
- Flood warning issued for Thames riverside in Greenwich
- Tougher penalties for drivers using mobile phones when behind the wheel to come into effect
- Pet food recall after animals collapse and have fits
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01689 885 721.