A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- UPDATED TRAFFIC WARNING: 10-mile queues on Dartford Crossing after crash and Tunnel break-down
- VIDEO: ‘It made our conservatory shake’ – fire breaks out after ‘explosions’ in Gravesend
- Man died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital after staff failed to treat him properly
- Eight men charged with drug offences after raids in Thamesmead
- Rail union outraged after Southern publishes conductors' sick time
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email email@example.com or call 01689 885 721.