A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (May 22 to 25): 12 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent
- UPDATE: Police investigating New Cross diversity officer
- Elderly Petts Wood couple ripped off by rogue trader
- VIDEO: Bikers gather in Greenwich Park for Woolwich Lee Rigby ride
- UPDATE: 16-year-old boy in court charged with attempted murder following New Cross shooting
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email email@example.com or call 01689 885 721.