A massive blaze took over wasteland in Sidcup yesterday (June 25) and took almost three hours for the flames to be extinguished.
Three fire engines and 14 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in Old Maidstone Road in Sidcup at around 3.50pm.
A 25m hazard zone was installed after gas cylinders were found at the site which could have exploded due to the heat.
Fire engines from Sidcup, Orpington and Bromley fire stations were at the scene and managed to get the fire under control by around 6.30pm.
No one was injured in the incident, the cause of which is still under investigation.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Commuters to air their views with Southeastern in 'Meet the Manager' sessions planned for Lewisham and Greenwich boroughs
- Bromley English teacher takes Yorkshire pudding to Tajikistan on 27km Asian adventure
- PubSpy reviews Royal Albert, New Cross
Did you see the fire or take pictures? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01689 885 721.