Waste4Fuel's High Court hearing, which reconvened on Monday (June 23), has been adjourned, again, until next Monday (June 30).
The hearing, which had been expected to last three days, began at the Royal Courts of Justice on May 6.
The Environment Agency (EA) says it now expects it to reach a conclusion next Tuesday (July 1).
The EA is seeking contempt charges against Waste4Fuel, former company director Bryan Hughes, new company director Shelley Hurst and site manager Jonathan Beckson.
It acquired a High Court order in November last year, requiring all combustible waste to be removed from the site in Cornwall Drive, St Paul's Cray, by May 1, but Waste4Fuel failed to comply.
Fire services have been called to the plant numerous times in the last year and a half, most recently on June 16.
Meanwhile locals have voiced concerns about the health implications of the site, with some saying fumes being emitted have made them physically sick.
- Police 'told pupil having affair with Bexleyheath Academy teacher year before action taken'
- UPDATE: Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- PICTURES AND VIDEO: Lewisham floods as River Ravensbourne burst its banks
- Bromley Council Leader "cannot ignore a gentleman with a £500 million cheque"
- Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds coming to Greenwich on its way to final performance