It is virtually impossible to sum up all that Blackheath has to see and do in five things, but here’s some ideas to start you off if you find yourself in the village with an hour to spare.
Feel free to tell us your picks by leaving a comment below or tweeting @JimNewsShopper
Chapters All Day Dining
There are not many areas in south east London with such a high calibre of dining in such a concentrated area as there is in Blackheath.
Scoop up some ice cream
Black Vanilla created a Christmas Pudding gelato last December
Get your fill of multi award-winning, artisan gelato in a mind-blowingly cool, ever-changing array of flavours at Black Vanilla in Tranquil Vale.
If it’s too nippy for ice cream, Blackheath Village has some great spots to grab a coffee and a cake – try Boulangerie Jade.
Live like Common people
Sometimes the best things in life are free. Grab a kite, a football, a picnic or maybe just some friends and have some fun on the common.
Be a bookworm
Chislehurst author Graham Matthews' book was stocked at The Bookshop on the Heath
One of London’s oldest second-hand bookshops, The Bookshop on the Heath, in Tranquil Vale, has a tantalising range of old, rare and collectable books, maps and posters. It’s a real treasure trove.
Visit the Halls
There is often something intriguing going on at the 600-seat Blackheath Halls.
As well as fascinating performances, the building itself is intriguing.
It claims to be London’s oldest-surviving purpose-built cultural venue, having been built in 1895 and has hosted performances from the likes of Sir Edward Elgar.
Find out what’s on at trinitylaban.ac.uk/blackheath-halls
- VIDEO: Would you act like a dog for exercise? Barking mad keep-fit class could be coming to a park near you
- Where to celebrate Chinese New Year 2017 in London
- PICTURES: Fancy climbing a wall of penises and vaginas for Valentine's Day? Good news ...
- Should you take an overnight train to Scotland for a skiing holiday? Our reviewer takes the trip
- 10 top tips to get you swimming better from Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin