Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train
- Orpington grass fire tackled by 20 firefighters
- Four people arrested as schools help identify suspects in Sidcup robberies
- Charlton Athletic plan to pay tribute to PC Keith Palmer at next home game
- Man denies possessing explosive after suspicious device found on Tube at North Greenwich