Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Armed Forces commemorated in Bromley in annual ceremony
Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- Week since staff last seen at Waste4Fuel site - now considered abandoned
- Woolwich Arsenal rezoning petition goes viral
- Bromley FC to host Crystal Palace next week
- Safe found washed up in Thames at Gravesend may have been stolen
- YOUR VIEWS: Is Bexley London's forgotten borough for transport?
Comments are closed on this article.