Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel closure causes TEN MILE queues
- TWELVE MILE queues at Dartford Crossing due to drivers slowing down to look at lorry crash
- TRAVEL: Southern warns of cancellations due to conductor and driver shortage
- Truly stunning - 24 of Tim Peake's most amazing photos from space
- Police appeal after 10-year-old autistic boy goes missing from Sydenham