Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Woman suffers serious injuries after she is hit by car in Orpington
A woman in her mid-20s has suffered serious injuries after she was hit by a car in Hayfield Road, Orpington.
The incident occurred around 2pm yesterday (June 23), and the woman was rushed to hospital with leg and head injuries.
There was significant traffic in the area, including along Poverest Road, which runs parallel to Hayfield Road.
Bus routes 273 and R3 were on diversion.
A police spokesman said: "Police were called to a collision between a car and a pedestrian in Hayfield Road at 1.54pm on Monday, June 23.
"A woman in her mid-20s was taken to hospital suffering from serious leg injuries.
"No arrests have been made.
"Temporary traffic restrictions were put in place in the area after the collision."
A London Ambulance service spokesman added: "We sent a single responder by car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"We treated a woman, reported to be in her 20s, for leg and head injuries.
"She was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
- VIDEO: Thamesmead schoolgirl arrives at year six prom in gypsy horse and cart
- From Larner Road to Erith Park - building motors ahead at new estate
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- Saturday Kitchen's Susy Atkins talks summer food and wine at Chapters, Blackheath
- UPDATE: Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley