Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Woman suffers serious injuries after she is hit by car in Orpington
A woman in her mid-20s has suffered serious injuries after she was hit by a car in Hayfield Road, Orpington.
The incident occurred around 2pm yesterday (June 23), and the woman was rushed to hospital with leg and head injuries.
There was significant traffic in the area, including along Poverest Road, which runs parallel to Hayfield Road.
Bus routes 273 and R3 were on diversion.
A police spokesman said: "Police were called to a collision between a car and a pedestrian in Hayfield Road at 1.54pm on Monday, June 23.
"A woman in her mid-20s was taken to hospital suffering from serious leg injuries.
"No arrests have been made.
"Temporary traffic restrictions were put in place in the area after the collision."
A London Ambulance service spokesman added: "We sent a single responder by car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"We treated a woman, reported to be in her 20s, for leg and head injuries.
"She was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
- Foster charity sets up in Orpington due to lack of carers in the borough
Comments are closed on this article.