Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
30 firefighters tackle house blaze in Downham
Six fire engines and 30 firefighters were called to a fire in a Dowham semi-detached house in the early hours of Saturday morning (June 21).
The whole of the first floor of the house, in Geraint Road, as well as its roof and garage were gutted by the blaze.
Four adults and a child left the property before the brigade arrived and an elderly man was treated on the scene London Ambulance Service for shock.
The brigade was called at 1.06am and the fire was under control by 2.58am.
Fire crews from Lee Green, Eltham, Bromley, Lewisham and Lambeth fire stations attended the incident.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.