Six fire engines and 30 firefighters were called to a fire in a Dowham semi-detached house in the early hours of Saturday morning (June 21).
The whole of the first floor of the house, in Geraint Road, as well as its roof and garage were gutted by the blaze.
Four adults and a child left the property before the brigade arrived and an elderly man was treated on the scene London Ambulance Service for shock.
The brigade was called at 1.06am and the fire was under control by 2.58am.
Fire crews from Lee Green, Eltham, Bromley, Lewisham and Lambeth fire stations attended the incident.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- Woman 'attempted to snatch' young girl at Bluewater shopping centre
- Orpington angler lands 175lb catfish while holidaying in Spain
- 'Motorbike smash' closes Woolwich Road, Charlton
- Driver anger as introduction of new barrier-free Dartford Crossing is delayed
- 'My rapist witchcraft dad is the worst person in the world'