A man was talked down from the river at the QE2 Bridge after threatening to jump on Saturday (June 21).
The Gravesend RNLI were called to Erith at around 3.40pm before being told the man was actually on the bridge in Dartford.
Kent Police also attended the scene.
He was talked down from the bridge and taken into police custody.
A Kent Police spokeswoman said: "Officers were called to the Dartford River Crossing at 3.41pm on June 21 following concerns raised for the welfare of a person.
"The crossing was closed for a short time to allow officers to ensure the safety of the man who is now safe and well."
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721.
- 'Nonce' football referee jailed for sex offences against teenage boys
- Palace away fans voted fourth most vocal in the Premier League
- Top Millwall and Charlton players make Christmas hospital visits
- Charing Cross signal problem causes Southeastern delays until at least 6pm
- Bexleyheath veteran awarded Russian medal after a 30 year campaign