A man was talked down from the river at the QE2 Bridge after threatening to jump on Saturday (June 21).
The Gravesend RNLI were called to Erith at around 3.40pm before being told the man was actually on the bridge in Dartford.
Kent Police also attended the scene.
He was talked down from the bridge and taken into police custody.
A Kent Police spokeswoman said: "Officers were called to the Dartford River Crossing at 3.41pm on June 21 following concerns raised for the welfare of a person.
"The crossing was closed for a short time to allow officers to ensure the safety of the man who is now safe and well."
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721.
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police find these suspected criminals?
- Off the road: 'Catastrophe' averted as fraudster who took other people's driving tests is jailed
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for well-being of teenager missing from home for nearly a month
- Police officer killed in Westminster terror attack died despite wearing body armour
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train