A man was talked down from the river at the QE2 Bridge after threatening to jump on Saturday (June 21).
The Gravesend RNLI were called to Erith at around 3.40pm before being told the man was actually on the bridge in Dartford.
Kent Police also attended the scene.
He was talked down from the bridge and taken into police custody.
A Kent Police spokeswoman said: "Officers were called to the Dartford River Crossing at 3.41pm on June 21 following concerns raised for the welfare of a person.
"The crossing was closed for a short time to allow officers to ensure the safety of the man who is now safe and well."
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721.
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)