Two little words, that’s all they are, and yet just saying ‘thank you’ can mean so much.
In an ever-faster moving world in which we increasingly have more and more to do, but less time to do it, it seems the simple thank you is all too often forgotten.
Well, enough is enough, News Shopper says it is time the true value of these two words is recognised again. So, we’re going to give everyone the opportunity to pass on their thanks.
And you don’t need to be saying thanks for some hugely generous action, it could just be the smallest act of kindness – it really doesn’t matter, it might just be someone opening a door, offering you their seat or picking something up for you.
We all know that there are particular moments in life when a small show of generosity can mean the world.
From now on this newspaper is going to devote space on this letters pages so you, our loyal readers, can pay tribute and pass on your thanks to whoever deserves a little bit of recognition. And of course we’ll publish all the messages of gratitude on our website too.
To send a message in for our new Thank Bank:
Post your messages in the comment box below.
And finally, text 80360, starting your message with NSTHANKS followed by a space. Texts cost your normal operator text charge.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine