A bigamist conman from St Paul's Cray was jailed for a total of 10 years today (June 20) after he attempted to rape a 22-year-old woman near St Mary Cray station.

Delroy Bryan, 48, of Wynford Grove, was also sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court for indecent assault and outrage in public decency.

He will sign the sex offenders register for life.

The victim was on a night out in London with friends on June 8 last year.

In the early hours of the next morning she boarded the N47 night bus to travel home.

She fell asleep on the bus and as she slept Bryan, sitting on the seat in front of her, put his phone up her skirt to take photographs.

The Met Police has released moving CCTV from the bus showing Bryan brazenly using his mobile phone to take images up the victim's skirt - see below

The victim then woke up and discovered she had missed her stop. Bryan then befriended her, saying he would help her get home safely.

They both got off the bus at St Mary Cray train station at around 6am.

Bryan took the victim on a walk, saying he was walking her to the correct bus stop, while actually trying to find a place to rape her.

In a secluded park off Sevenoaks Way he punched the victim to the ground; ripped her tights and placed his weight on top of her.

He also smothered the victim so she couldn't breathe.

The woman managed to fight him off and shouted for help.

A passing dog walker came to her aid and Bryan ran off. Police were then called.

Several days later a police community support officer from St Mary Cray recognised Bryan from images circulated from bus CCTV.

Bryan was arrested on June 13 and charged the following day.

Previous conviction

In 2011 Bryan was jailed for three years after he wed two Jamaican women in sham marriages who then went on to claim British citizenship.

He was living in Reigate Road, Grove Park, at the time and failed to mention he was already married.

He was paid a few hundred pounds for each wedding.

Bryan pleaded guilty to two counts of bigamy and two counts of assisting illegal immigration at Croydon Crown Court.

He was arrested in May 2010 by UK Border Agency officials after they received a tip off he was involved in bigamy.