Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Bold plans for Biggin Hill Airport and the chance of a £5,000 holiday for residents who have their say
- Three sentenced after cannabis discovered in Sidcup nightclub, leading to discovery of huge cannabis factory in Pratts Bottom
- Police release CCTV images after passenger threatened with knife on Crystal Palace train
- Cement mixer collides with female pedestrian, 60, in Sidcup