Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Two rail strikes set to cause 'travel chaos' across south-east London and Kent
- UPDATE: Air ambulance called to pedestrian hit by a lorry on A2 with multiple 'serious' injuries
- VIDEO: Orpington schoolgirl, 12, star of flick recognised at Cannes Film Festival
- Child actors from south east London star in London production of The Railway Children
- Oscar Wilde classic - adapted by his grandson - comes to Greenwich tonight