Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- Police helicopter used in search of Bluewater area for person 'carrying a gun'