Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire