Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (September 20 and 21)
- Man jailed after sawn-off shot gun found in Penge
- PICTURES: Huge queues for launch of iPhone 6 at Bluewater and intu Bromley
- Meet Daisy - 500th dog to be microchipped for free by Gravesham Council
- Erith civil servant wins best song for third year