Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- 'The people of Bromley are fantastic': Boxing legend Kellie Maloney opens up about life as a woman
- Health alert as temperatures soar to heatwave highs of 33C in SE London and north Kent
- Greenwich lion dance celebrates Dragon Boat Festival
- 'For once I felt like I could be myself' - Dartford boy beats the bullies
- UPDATE: Burst water main part-floods West Wickham road and leaves homes without water