Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Happy birthday to us! 50 fabulous years of News Shopper
- SE London and north Kent forecast: Yellow weather warning but Dartford Crossing reopens
- Bexley Foodbank's Erith distribution centre upgrades with news that people depending on it has nearly doubled in last year
- Ebbsfleet Garden City name Medway Council's Robin Cooper as new chief executive
- Fatal crash closes M20 near Wrotham