Inquest opens into Deptford balcony deaths of teenagers Anastasia Tutik and Miguel Ramos

Inquest opens into Deptford balcony deaths of teenagers Anastasia Tutik and Miguel Ramos

Anastasia Tutik

Knights Tower, Deptford, where Anastasia Tutik and Miguel Ramos were found dead

First published in News
Last updated
News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

An inquest has opened into the deaths of two international students who were seen ‘kissing’ on a Deptford balcony before plunging six floors to their deaths.

Police were called to luxury apartments Knights Tower, in Wharf Street, on June 11 at 12.13am where Anastasia Tutik, 19, and 18-year-old Miguel Angel Lozano Ramos were both pronounced dead at the scene.

News Shopper: UPDATE: Neighbours' shock as kissing teens fall to their deaths from Deptford tower block

An inquest into their deaths was opened at Southwark Coroners’ Court today (June 18) and adjourned until December 15 at the same court.

The court heard how Ms Tutik was born in the Ukraine but her family lived in Russia.

She had celebrated her 19th birthday less than two weeks before the tragedy.

Ms Tutik was a student at exclusive fee-paying Bellerbys College London which is located next door to English Language School Embassy London, where Mr Ramos was studying.

He was the son of respected Mexican politician Miguel Lozano Munguia and had arrived from Mexico just a week before his death.

Coroner Dr Andrew Harris said: “I understand both bodies were found together on the ground under a balcony.

“I open an investigation and an inquest for both of them.”

He went on to say it would seem appropriate to hold a joint inquest into their deaths and would check with their families to see if they agree.

Witnesses claimed the pair were “kissing” and “frolicking” on the balcony shortly before hearing a “boom” and finding their bodies on the ground.

Speaking of Ms Tutik’s family, coroner’s officer Jacqueline Wilson told the court: “The family are very concerned regarding things that are being printed regarding their daughter and are finding it extremely distressing.”

Both were taken to Greenwich Mortuary where a post-mortem was undertaken and cause of death given as multiple injuries.

Police are not treating their deaths as suspicious.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree