A man is in hospital after a 'drive by' shooting outside a barber's in Anerley in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called just after midnight to reports of gunshots in Elmers End Road on Tuesday (June 17).
A victim, a male in his 20s, was found having made his own way to hospital suffering from a wound to his hand.
One Twitter user commented: "Well that's made my morning interesting, front of the office cordoned off due to a drive by shooting last night. Bullet holes everywhere..."
The specialist Trident Gang Crime Command is investigating the incident and enquiries continue, though no arrests have been made.
This morning forensics teams were spotted at the scene and the area was cordoned off by police.
Elmers End Road was closed between Birkbeck Road and Witham Road but has now reopened (9am).
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead
- Woolwich pub 'stabbing' was a fight, police say
- Duo arrested at Bromley South for racially abusing staff
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater