Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Actress wants women's families' war memories
A singer-actress is seeking to acknowledge women’s efforts during the First World War.
Fiona-Jane Weston has performed with stars such as Bill Bailey and Milton Jones and is currently working on Wartime Women: The Khaki Cabaret, which will mark the centenary of the conflict and celebrate the legacy of women who paved the way for many others.
The artist is calling on women from across south east London to share their families’ stories and experiences from the war.
She will perform extracts of the show on Friday, June 27, at the Crystal Palace Overground Festival free event Beyond Words at Upper Norwood Library.
Contact Fiona-Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Crystal Palace Overground Festival, go to crystalpalacefestival.org
- Dartford comedian Aaron Morris on a roll with 44,000 Twitter fans
- Actor Paul Nicholas recalls working with Beckenham's David Bowie pre-fame
- 'It was very painful the last time I was here': Suzanne Shaw returns to Dartford
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Groundbreaking dance gets live Woolwich Big Screen showing
Comments are closed on this article.