A singer-actress is seeking to acknowledge women’s efforts during the First World War.
Fiona-Jane Weston has performed with stars such as Bill Bailey and Milton Jones and is currently working on Wartime Women: The Khaki Cabaret, which will mark the centenary of the conflict and celebrate the legacy of women who paved the way for many others.
The artist is calling on women from across south east London to share their families’ stories and experiences from the war.
She will perform extracts of the show on Friday, June 27, at the Crystal Palace Overground Festival free event Beyond Words at Upper Norwood Library.
Contact Fiona-Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Crystal Palace Overground Festival, go to crystalpalacefestival.org
- 'I'm going to be absolutely cacking it': Jason Manford on starring in The Producers in Bromley
- Christmas show in Greenwich for kids too young for panto
- 9 amazingly weird things we learnt about south east Londoners from YouGov profiles
- VIDEO X Factor: Welling's Charlie Jones and Stereo Kicks swing through Big Band week
- WIN! Tickets to The Scottsboro Boys in the West End