A singer-actress is seeking to acknowledge women’s efforts during the First World War.
Fiona-Jane Weston has performed with stars such as Bill Bailey and Milton Jones and is currently working on Wartime Women: The Khaki Cabaret, which will mark the centenary of the conflict and celebrate the legacy of women who paved the way for many others.
The artist is calling on women from across south east London to share their families’ stories and experiences from the war.
She will perform extracts of the show on Friday, June 27, at the Crystal Palace Overground Festival free event Beyond Words at Upper Norwood Library.
Contact Fiona-Jane at email@example.com
To find out more about Crystal Palace Overground Festival, go to crystalpalacefestival.org
- Countdown to Greenwich Comedy Festival
- Comedian from Penge reaches final London-wide new talent contest
- Ruby Wax brings funny mental health show to Bromley
- Young dancers wanted to join Strictly star in Dartford panto
- Terry Alderton talks about Greenwich Comedy Festival, EastEnders and people heckling his feet