A singer-actress is seeking to acknowledge women’s efforts during the First World War.
Fiona-Jane Weston has performed with stars such as Bill Bailey and Milton Jones and is currently working on Wartime Women: The Khaki Cabaret, which will mark the centenary of the conflict and celebrate the legacy of women who paved the way for many others.
The artist is calling on women from across south east London to share their families’ stories and experiences from the war.
She will perform extracts of the show on Friday, June 27, at the Crystal Palace Overground Festival free event Beyond Words at Upper Norwood Library.
Contact Fiona-Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Crystal Palace Overground Festival, go to crystalpalacefestival.org
- Dr Suess' Cat in the Hat tells us what tricks he has up his sleeve for Dartford show
- PICTURED: Dartford Mayor goes glam in feathers on stage with Blue’s Duncan James
- Shakespeare 400: 6 Shakespeare performances that went awry
- Video: See Tom Jones musical star take on Bowie song ahead of Bromley show
- IN PICTURES: 80 years of Petts Wood Operatic Society