Robber in West Wickham jailed after being punched and chased by member of public (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Robber in West Wickham jailed after being punched and chased by member of public
A robber who grabbed a woman’s handbag in West Wickham has been jailed after a member of the public punched and chased him down.
Claudio Andres Figueroa-Rios, 24, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to attempted robbery at Croydon Crown Court on June 5 and was given a 10-month sentence.
On May 19 he snatched the victim’s bag as she was going into the HSBC bank in West Wickham High Street and tried to run off.
But a member of the public intervened, hitting Figueroa-Rios and causing him to let go of the stolen goods.
The robber was then chased to a nearby pub and restrained until the police arrived.
Figueroa-Rios, a Chilean national, had only been in the country a month when he committed the crime, having let his return ticket lapse while staying in Peckham.
- On the hunt for missing persons with South-East London Search and Rescue
- Surprise, surprise! Waste4Fuel on fire again
- Huge police operation outside Metro Bank, Bromley
- Pet of the Day: Winnie likes to get her own way
- Kids' favourites come together for Milkshake Live show in Catford
Comments are closed on this article.