Knights in armour are set to compete in a medieval jousting tournament at Eltham Palace during the summer solstice.
The former childhood home of King Henry VIII will resound with the clash of lances for the Grand Medieval Joust on June 21 and June 22.
A court jester, medieval music and junior jousting for children will also take place over the family-friendly weekend from 10am to 5pm.
English Heritage assistant event manager Rebecca Hornby, said: “This event is definitely one not to miss - Eltham Palace and Gardens is a stunning backdrop to an event full of strength, skill and bravery.”
Tickets for the events in Court Yard cost £12 for an adult, £10.80 for a concession, £7.20 for a child and £31.20 for a family pass.
To find out more and to buy tickets visit english-heritage.org.uk/events or call 0870 333 1183.
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat
- INQUEST: Albanian Belmarsh inmate's cell was 'covered in faeces and urine'
- Can you help? Female jogger sexually assaulted during mid-week morning run in Thamesmead