Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Knights to compete in medieval joust at Eltham Palace
Knights in armour are set to compete in a medieval jousting tournament at Eltham Palace during the summer solstice.
The former childhood home of King Henry VIII will resound with the clash of lances for the Grand Medieval Joust on June 21 and June 22.
A court jester, medieval music and junior jousting for children will also take place over the family-friendly weekend from 10am to 5pm.
English Heritage assistant event manager Rebecca Hornby, said: “This event is definitely one not to miss - Eltham Palace and Gardens is a stunning backdrop to an event full of strength, skill and bravery.”
Tickets for the events in Court Yard cost £12 for an adult, £10.80 for a concession, £7.20 for a child and £31.20 for a family pass.
To find out more and to buy tickets visit english-heritage.org.uk/events or call 0870 333 1183.
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Millwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
Comments are closed on this article.