Knights in armour are set to compete in a medieval jousting tournament at Eltham Palace during the summer solstice.
The former childhood home of King Henry VIII will resound with the clash of lances for the Grand Medieval Joust on June 21 and June 22.
A court jester, medieval music and junior jousting for children will also take place over the family-friendly weekend from 10am to 5pm.
English Heritage assistant event manager Rebecca Hornby, said: “This event is definitely one not to miss - Eltham Palace and Gardens is a stunning backdrop to an event full of strength, skill and bravery.”
Tickets for the events in Court Yard cost £12 for an adult, £10.80 for a concession, £7.20 for a child and £31.20 for a family pass.
To find out more and to buy tickets visit english-heritage.org.uk/events or call 0870 333 1183.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine