Knights in armour are set to compete in a medieval jousting tournament at Eltham Palace during the summer solstice.
The former childhood home of King Henry VIII will resound with the clash of lances for the Grand Medieval Joust on June 21 and June 22.
A court jester, medieval music and junior jousting for children will also take place over the family-friendly weekend from 10am to 5pm.
English Heritage assistant event manager Rebecca Hornby, said: “This event is definitely one not to miss - Eltham Palace and Gardens is a stunning backdrop to an event full of strength, skill and bravery.”
Tickets for the events in Court Yard cost £12 for an adult, £10.80 for a concession, £7.20 for a child and £31.20 for a family pass.
To find out more and to buy tickets visit english-heritage.org.uk/events or call 0870 333 1183.
- Ron E Carter overcomes obstacles to record new album
- Cute Pets 2014 competition begins - chance to win £300 Pets At Home vouchers
- Bromley developer responds to Lewisham Council's ultimatum in pub dispute
- Best friend's plea after 16-year-old girl goes missing from Blackfen
- Beckenham resident claims Lidl lorries are delivering grief as well as groceries