A woman in her 60's has been rushed to hospital following a three-car crash in Greenthithe.
She had to be cut free from the wreckage of her car after it collided with another vehicle in London Road on the junction with Carlton Avenue around 1.35pm.
The patient, who was suffering from back, chest and abdominal pains was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Medway Maritime Hospital as a priority.
Two fire engines were called to the scene.
Kent Police were called to the scene at 1pm.
A police spokesman said: "The road is currently closed and will be reopened shortly, when the vehicles have been recovered."
- UPDATE: Air ambulance called to pedestrian hit by a lorry on A2
- Bistro and deli Champagne + Fromage heading for Greenwich Market
- Chick it out: Peregrine falcons breed in Lewisham
- Kent County Council name Mike Harrison as new chairman
- Poundland set to open in Welling