A woman in her 60's has been rushed to hospital following a three-car crash in Greenthithe.
She had to be cut free from the wreckage of her car after it collided with another vehicle in London Road on the junction with Carlton Avenue around 1.35pm.
The patient, who was suffering from back, chest and abdominal pains was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Medway Maritime Hospital as a priority.
Two fire engines were called to the scene.
Kent Police were called to the scene at 1pm.
A police spokesman said: "The road is currently closed and will be reopened shortly, when the vehicles have been recovered."
- Video shows 'migrants being helped off lorry on M25 in Dartford'
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Still taking its toll: Queen Elizabeth II Bridge at Dartford Crossing is a quarter of a century old
- 9 facts about the M25 as Britain's biggest car park and the road to hell turns 30
- Greenhithe police officer died during 'dangerous sex game', man accused of murdering him tells court