A Lee chemistry teacher has proved he is hotter than a Bunson burner’s flame after winning the Swiss National Dance Championships.
Colfe’s School teacher DeLarry Sawyer scooped the prize for his sizzling moves in the Cuban and Latin sections of the championships with his Swiss partner.
The pair, who have been dancing together for just five months, beat off competition from 15 other couples to gain the award on May 24.
Mr Sawyer, who has taught at Colfe’s for two years and won the European Open Salsa Semi Professional Championship last year, said: “It was fantastic to take my dancing to a whole new level especially as this competition took a great deal of effort; we were constantly dancing for two hours in the various heats to get through to the finals in our three categories.
“My Chemistry students and the school have been extremely supportive; I just hope it has inspired people to know that hard work, commitment and a real passion can drive you to great achievement.”
Mr Sawyer runs a dance club at the school based in Horn Park Lane.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine