A Theatre will celebrate 50 years of playing blues next month.
Grammy nominees The Heritage Blues Orchestra will headline a celebration of the genre at Fairfield Halls in Croydon on Sunday, July 6.
The venue was one of the first to host historic American Folk and Blues Tours years ago, including American Folk and Blues Festivals in 1963 and 64.
The authentic Heritage Blue Orchestra play a powerful and compelling new take on the genre, which is deep in history, with three vocalists, two guitars, drums and percussion, harmonica and a four-piece horn section.
Award-winning blues harmonica player Paul Lamb and Chad Strentz will provide support.
There will also be a free celebration in the foyer from 3pm, with music and beer.
Tickets for the main show cost £20. Go to Fairfield.co.uk or call 020 86889291.
- Concert in memory of Beckenham's David Bowie to be held on what would have been his 70th birthday
- VIDEO: South London band soundtrack John Lewis Christmas advert
- Bros are back! Matt and Luke Goss reunite for gig at The O2
- Bucks Fizz's Cheryl Baker is ready to roll back the years in Bromley
- 'We have had 40 years of practice at what we do': pop icon Toyah Willcox is ready for the 80s Invasion in Greenwich