A Theatre will celebrate 50 years of playing blues next month.
Grammy nominees The Heritage Blues Orchestra will headline a celebration of the genre at Fairfield Halls in Croydon on Sunday, July 6.
The venue was one of the first to host historic American Folk and Blues Tours years ago, including American Folk and Blues Festivals in 1963 and 64.
The authentic Heritage Blue Orchestra play a powerful and compelling new take on the genre, which is deep in history, with three vocalists, two guitars, drums and percussion, harmonica and a four-piece horn section.
Award-winning blues harmonica player Paul Lamb and Chad Strentz will provide support.
There will also be a free celebration in the foyer from 3pm, with music and beer.
Tickets for the main show cost £20. Go to Fairfield.co.uk or call 020 86889291.
- X Factor: Charlie Jones from Welling's Stereo Kicks saved in sing-off
- PICTURED: Orchestra travel by air, land and water to launch Classical season
- Awards glory in memory of Ed and a gig with Beth Orton for musicians
- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds set to swoop in to Greenwich next year
- Spandau Ballet coming to Greenwich on arena tour