A Theatre will celebrate 50 years of playing blues next month.
Grammy nominees The Heritage Blues Orchestra will headline a celebration of the genre at Fairfield Halls in Croydon on Sunday, July 6.
The venue was one of the first to host historic American Folk and Blues Tours years ago, including American Folk and Blues Festivals in 1963 and 64.
The authentic Heritage Blue Orchestra play a powerful and compelling new take on the genre, which is deep in history, with three vocalists, two guitars, drums and percussion, harmonica and a four-piece horn section.
Award-winning blues harmonica player Paul Lamb and Chad Strentz will provide support.
There will also be a free celebration in the foyer from 3pm, with music and beer.
Tickets for the main show cost £20. Go to Fairfield.co.uk or call 020 86889291.
- EUROVISION: 16 things you need to know about Beckenham’s Bianca Nicholas, one half the UK’s entry Electro Velvet
- Made in Chelsea star Andy Jordan joins line-up for Dartford Festival
- Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson discusses new album, Greenwich tour date and John Cusack-starring biopic
- Gravesend woman 'stunned' as her cake pops are presented to One Direction on top US chat show
- Bob Dylan art on display in Kent