Orpington Station car park is to be expanded in a £1.9 million project. The money will be used to build a new deck to the facility, which will create a further 142 spaces.
Work is set to go ahead next month and is expected to finish in December.
Orpington’s MP Jo Johnson said: “It is fantastic news that work is due to start shortly on the car park at Orpington Station.
“While this will inevitably cause disruption in the short term, the end result will be one of great benefit to commuters, as well as to the local community.”
The money was made available through the £100m Station Commercial Project Fund, made up of the Department for Transport, Network Rail, and the Association of Train Operating Companies.
- Man accused of murdering EastEnders actress and children in Erith to enter pleas
- Captain America: Civil War - all the highlights from the London press conference
- Plenty of wet weather set for bank holiday weekend
- Latest news, traffic and weather from SE London and north Kent, April 29
- Traffic light failure in Lewisham High Street causing heavy traffic