Orpington Station car park is to be expanded in a £1.9 million project. The money will be used to build a new deck to the facility, which will create a further 142 spaces.
Work is set to go ahead next month and is expected to finish in December.
Orpington’s MP Jo Johnson said: “It is fantastic news that work is due to start shortly on the car park at Orpington Station.
“While this will inevitably cause disruption in the short term, the end result will be one of great benefit to commuters, as well as to the local community.”
The money was made available through the £100m Station Commercial Project Fund, made up of the Department for Transport, Network Rail, and the Association of Train Operating Companies.
- Crowd trouble at Rotherham v Millwall game
- Fawkham nudists battle to save caravans at naturist club
- VIDEO: Has a ghost been caught on film at Orpington Priory?
- New Cross teen charged with firearms offences
- VIDEO: Funny or plain stupid? Gravesend prankster, Daniel Jarvis, attempts to give police officers parking fines