Orpington Station car park is to be expanded in a £1.9 million project. The money will be used to build a new deck to the facility, which will create a further 142 spaces.
Work is set to go ahead next month and is expected to finish in December.
Orpington’s MP Jo Johnson said: “It is fantastic news that work is due to start shortly on the car park at Orpington Station.
“While this will inevitably cause disruption in the short term, the end result will be one of great benefit to commuters, as well as to the local community.”
The money was made available through the £100m Station Commercial Project Fund, made up of the Department for Transport, Network Rail, and the Association of Train Operating Companies.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys