Orpington Station car park is to be expanded in a £1.9 million project. The money will be used to build a new deck to the facility, which will create a further 142 spaces.
Work is set to go ahead next month and is expected to finish in December.
Orpington’s MP Jo Johnson said: “It is fantastic news that work is due to start shortly on the car park at Orpington Station.
“While this will inevitably cause disruption in the short term, the end result will be one of great benefit to commuters, as well as to the local community.”
The money was made available through the £100m Station Commercial Project Fund, made up of the Department for Transport, Network Rail, and the Association of Train Operating Companies.
- Around 58 firefighters tackling blaze at Charlton restaurant
- 5 reasons to go out this week: what's on in north kent and south east London
- Crayford micropub The Penny Farthing wins Bexley CAMRA's Pub of the Year
- Erith man died after being hit by train at Abbey Wood
- Resident's delight as police evict travellers from Avery Hill, Sidcup