Orpington Station car park is to be expanded in a £1.9 million project. The money will be used to build a new deck to the facility, which will create a further 142 spaces.
Work is set to go ahead next month and is expected to finish in December.
Orpington’s MP Jo Johnson said: “It is fantastic news that work is due to start shortly on the car park at Orpington Station.
“While this will inevitably cause disruption in the short term, the end result will be one of great benefit to commuters, as well as to the local community.”
The money was made available through the £100m Station Commercial Project Fund, made up of the Department for Transport, Network Rail, and the Association of Train Operating Companies.
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight