Orpington Station car park is to be expanded in a £1.9 million project. The money will be used to build a new deck to the facility, which will create a further 142 spaces.
Work is set to go ahead next month and is expected to finish in December.
Orpington’s MP Jo Johnson said: “It is fantastic news that work is due to start shortly on the car park at Orpington Station.
“While this will inevitably cause disruption in the short term, the end result will be one of great benefit to commuters, as well as to the local community.”
The money was made available through the £100m Station Commercial Project Fund, made up of the Department for Transport, Network Rail, and the Association of Train Operating Companies.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Biggin Hill mum delivers presents to local children's hospices
- Help solve mystery of Catford dad's murder six years ago
- Concern for missing One Direction fan, 14, who could be in Lewisham
- London bus drivers could go on strike in new year