Still no date for restart of Waste4Fuel High Court hearing

News Shopper: The Waste4Fuel site in Cornwall Drive, St Paul's Cray The Waste4Fuel site in Cornwall Drive, St Paul's Cray

It is unclear when Waste4Fuel's High Court hearing, adjourned on May 8, will reconvene.

The hearing, which had been expected to last three days, began at the Royal Courts of Justice on May 6.

Although it was due to start again in June, the Environment Agency (EA) today confirmed no date has been set.

The EA is seeking contempt charges against Waste4Fuel, former company director Bryan Hughes, new company director Shelley Hurst and site manager Jonathan Beckson.

This comes after it had acquired a High Court order in November last year, requiring all combustible waste to be removed from the site in Cornwall Drive, St Paul's Cray, by May 1.

Fire services have been called to the plant numerous times in the last year and a half, with locals voicing concerns about the health implications of fumes being emitted.

 

 

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:32pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Citygirl83 says...

i drove past this on Sunday on my way to the hospital and it stuck, I really do feel for those who have to live nearby and suffer.
i drove past this on Sunday on my way to the hospital and it stuck, I really do feel for those who have to live nearby and suffer. Citygirl83
  • Score: 2

12:44pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Stefd75 says...

how much longer do we have to cope with this ??
how much longer do we have to cope with this ?? Stefd75
  • Score: 2

1:38pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Marty1979 says...

They said June, but not which year
They said June, but not which year Marty1979
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree