A fire at a derelict church hall in Welling destroyed its roof and required dozens of firefighters to bring under control.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called to the blaze in William Foster Lane at around 2.30pm on Saturday.
The fire was under control by 4.38pm.
Fire engines from Plumstead, Eltham, Bexley, Bromley and Sidcup fire stations attended.
No-one was injured but the roof was completely destroyed.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say
- Road in Greenwich named in London's top 20 pollution hotspots