A fire at a derelict church hall in Welling destroyed its roof and required dozens of firefighters to bring under control.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called to the blaze in William Foster Lane at around 2.30pm on Saturday.
The fire was under control by 4.38pm.
Fire engines from Plumstead, Eltham, Bexley, Bromley and Sidcup fire stations attended.
No-one was injured but the roof was completely destroyed.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Slovakian man charged with causing death by dangerous driving over M26 crash which killed three French tourists
- Jason Manford set to star in Mel Brooks' The Producers which debuts in Bromley
- Dartford Tunnel shut following multi-vehicle crash on M25 in Essex