A fire at a derelict church hall in Welling destroyed its roof and required dozens of firefighters to bring under control.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called to the blaze in William Foster Lane at around 2.30pm on Saturday.
The fire was under control by 4.38pm.
Fire engines from Plumstead, Eltham, Bexley, Bromley and Sidcup fire stations attended.
No-one was injured but the roof was completely destroyed.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight