Michael McIntyre books six night Greenwich return

Michael McIntyre books six night Greenwich return

Michael McIntyre books six night Greenwich return

First published in News News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , leisure editor

Record breaking comedian Michael McIntyre will return to Greenwich with a six-night run at the O2 next year.

Michael will have plenty of time to prepare for his new show Happy and Glorious, which is scheduled to arrive in Greenwich for six performances between October 1 and 10, 2015.

The comedian, who has sold out arenas all over the world, will be supported by Paul Tonkinson.

Tickets go on general sale on Friday (June 13) at 9am at axs.com or on 08448 244824.

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:22pm Mon 9 Jun 14

the wall says...

Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing.

Peter Kay is much the same.
Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing. Peter Kay is much the same. the wall
  • Score: -9

12:41pm Mon 9 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

the wall wrote:
Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing.

Peter Kay is much the same.
Each to their own I'd say. Can't say I'm a massive fan of him or Peter Kay either, but they keep selling out shows and people pay money to see them, so they must appeal to some people's humour. What is funny or not is completely subjective.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing. Peter Kay is much the same.[/p][/quote]Each to their own I'd say. Can't say I'm a massive fan of him or Peter Kay either, but they keep selling out shows and people pay money to see them, so they must appeal to some people's humour. What is funny or not is completely subjective. PaulErith
  • Score: 7

1:44pm Mon 9 Jun 14

the wall says...

PaulErith wrote:
the wall wrote:
Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing.

Peter Kay is much the same.
Each to their own I'd say. Can't say I'm a massive fan of him or Peter Kay either, but they keep selling out shows and people pay money to see them, so they must appeal to some people's humour. What is funny or not is completely subjective.
What is funny or not is completely subjective - No it's not. Sheepeoples have been programmed. He's bland and unimaginative, much like the people that go and see him.
[quote][p][bold]PaulErith[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing. Peter Kay is much the same.[/p][/quote]Each to their own I'd say. Can't say I'm a massive fan of him or Peter Kay either, but they keep selling out shows and people pay money to see them, so they must appeal to some people's humour. What is funny or not is completely subjective.[/p][/quote]What is funny or not is completely subjective - No it's not. Sheepeoples have been programmed. He's bland and unimaginative, much like the people that go and see him. the wall
  • Score: -8

2:08pm Mon 9 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

the wall wrote:
PaulErith wrote:
the wall wrote:
Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing.

Peter Kay is much the same.
Each to their own I'd say. Can't say I'm a massive fan of him or Peter Kay either, but they keep selling out shows and people pay money to see them, so they must appeal to some people's humour. What is funny or not is completely subjective.
What is funny or not is completely subjective - No it's not. Sheepeoples have been programmed. He's bland and unimaginative, much like the people that go and see him.
You're starting to sound like WR9 with comments about people being programmed. :) Obviously humour is subjective. Your bland is another person's hilarious. I mean, many people thought Friends was funny was gauds sake!!
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PaulErith[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Very unfunny, all his jokes are riped off from other people. His chat show was one of the poorest attemps of trying to be funny I have ever seen. He's bland, unimaginative, middle of the road observational crap and faux outrage that every other dull arsed, unfunny comedian on the circuit does. He starts laughing at his own jokes to subconsciously get you laughing. Peter Kay is much the same.[/p][/quote]Each to their own I'd say. Can't say I'm a massive fan of him or Peter Kay either, but they keep selling out shows and people pay money to see them, so they must appeal to some people's humour. What is funny or not is completely subjective.[/p][/quote]What is funny or not is completely subjective - No it's not. Sheepeoples have been programmed. He's bland and unimaginative, much like the people that go and see him.[/p][/quote]You're starting to sound like WR9 with comments about people being programmed. :) Obviously humour is subjective. Your bland is another person's hilarious. I mean, many people thought Friends was funny was gauds sake!! PaulErith
  • Score: 2

3:09pm Mon 9 Jun 14

the wall says...

WR9 comment LOL. I did think that when I was typing,.

MM is like a McDonald's/Nando's you know what is going to get every single time........warm diarrhoea.

Some people like hearing the same gags again and again - especially observational stuff because, essentially, the comedian is talking about your life - and everyone likes hearing about themselves.

Comedy is not subjective that's an old dead cliche. Humor by its very nature should be original and a punch line unexpected.
WR9 comment LOL. I did think that when I was typing,. MM is like a McDonald's/Nando's you know what is going to get every single time........warm diarrhoea. Some people like hearing the same gags again and again - especially observational stuff because, essentially, the comedian is talking about your life - and everyone likes hearing about themselves. Comedy is not subjective that's an old dead cliche. Humor by its very nature should be original and a punch line unexpected. the wall
  • Score: -9

3:28pm Mon 9 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

Have to say, I can't agree that 'Humour by its very nature should be original". I don't think that if you looked up the definition in the dictionary you'd find anything about originality. For example, can you honestly tell me that you've never seen a repeat of a comedy series that you like, and still laughed or found it funny?

Some people would laugh at slapstick comedy - for example, Reeve and Mortimor. Personally I think two of the least funny morons I've ever seen on TV. Oh, lets hit each other with a giant frying pan because that's incredibly original and funny!! However, I have to respect that some people like it and actually laugh at that stuff!
Have to say, I can't agree that 'Humour by its very nature should be original". I don't think that if you looked up the definition in the dictionary you'd find anything about originality. For example, can you honestly tell me that you've never seen a repeat of a comedy series that you like, and still laughed or found it funny? Some people would laugh at slapstick comedy - for example, Reeve and Mortimor. Personally I think two of the least funny morons I've ever seen on TV. Oh, lets hit each other with a giant frying pan because that's incredibly original and funny!! However, I have to respect that some people like it and actually laugh at that stuff! PaulErith
  • Score: 6

4:21pm Mon 9 Jun 14

the wall says...

I very rarely rewatch comedy series. Watch some Blackadder 2 a few weeks back, some of it I still laugh at, but hadn't seen it since 1988. Same with Only Fools and Horses can't re watch them the moment has moved on.

Reeve is one of the biggest nobs about. Watch him next time he is on a TV show as a guest, he thinks it all about him and try's taken over. Twunt.

Slapstick has had it's day. When I was a kid I watched The Young Ones. Watch in now it's blood terrible.


"I have to respect that some people like it and actually laugh at that stuff!" ...... I don't. I use it as one on natures way of warning you to stay away from that type of person.
I very rarely rewatch comedy series. Watch some Blackadder 2 a few weeks back, some of it I still laugh at, but hadn't seen it since 1988. Same with Only Fools and Horses can't re watch them the moment has moved on. Reeve is one of the biggest nobs about. Watch him next time he is on a TV show as a guest, he thinks it all about him and try's taken over. Twunt. Slapstick has had it's day. When I was a kid I watched The Young Ones. Watch in now it's blood terrible. "I have to respect that some people like it and actually laugh at that stuff!" ...... I don't. I use it as one on natures way of warning you to stay away from that type of person. the wall
  • Score: -3

4:33pm Mon 9 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

Well each to their own. I'm more willing to accept each and everyone's tastes. Be that music, films, books or comedians. It would be a bit boring if we all liked the same things.

Talking about the Young Ones, I see Rik Mayal died today. Very talented actor in my opinion. Always thought he was a fool who played stupid characters until I saw him in some serious dramas and I was very surprised at his abilities.
Well each to their own. I'm more willing to accept each and everyone's tastes. Be that music, films, books or comedians. It would be a bit boring if we all liked the same things. Talking about the Young Ones, I see Rik Mayal died today. Very talented actor in my opinion. Always thought he was a fool who played stupid characters until I saw him in some serious dramas and I was very surprised at his abilities. PaulErith
  • Score: 4

4:53pm Mon 9 Jun 14

the wall says...

PaulErith wrote:
Well each to their own. I'm more willing to accept each and everyone's tastes. Be that music, films, books or comedians. It would be a bit boring if we all liked the same things.

Talking about the Young Ones, I see Rik Mayal died today. Very talented actor in my opinion. Always thought he was a fool who played stupid characters until I saw him in some serious dramas and I was very surprised at his abilities.
Like I have aways said Paul ' Your opinion is wrong'. :-)

I didn't know Rik had died. ;-( That's sad. Great writer as well.
[quote][p][bold]PaulErith[/bold] wrote: Well each to their own. I'm more willing to accept each and everyone's tastes. Be that music, films, books or comedians. It would be a bit boring if we all liked the same things. Talking about the Young Ones, I see Rik Mayal died today. Very talented actor in my opinion. Always thought he was a fool who played stupid characters until I saw him in some serious dramas and I was very surprised at his abilities.[/p][/quote]Like I have aways said Paul ' Your opinion is wrong'. :-) I didn't know Rik had died. ;-( That's sad. Great writer as well. the wall
  • Score: 0

5:46pm Mon 9 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

Yes indeed good writer. Only 56. Doesn't say what he died of yet. Hadn't heard about being ill but maybe it had been kept private. Of course he was in Blackadder too that you mentioned.
Yes indeed good writer. Only 56. Doesn't say what he died of yet. Hadn't heard about being ill but maybe it had been kept private. Of course he was in Blackadder too that you mentioned. PaulErith
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree