Technology shops are expecting a huge run on TVs in the last weekend before the World Cup.
Bluewater is predicting a score from fans wanting to upgrade their home entertainment.
Currys and PC World announced today that sales of 50 inch TVs had doubled compared to this time last year.
Research from the Dixons Retail group also found that 15 per cent of Brits are looking to make a new tech purchase especially for the football.
Bluewater’s stores are already reporting that 4k Ultra HD TVs are a big seller this month, with a peak expected this weekend and with further increases the closer England gets to the final.
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term
- ‘I will bring the title back to south London’ - 5 things you need to know from David Haye’s fight at The O2
- What's On: 13 things to see and do this week in south London (May 23 to 29)
- As it happened: David Haye wins at the O2 - and comes face-to-face with Shannon Briggs
- Tea party to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday in Chislehurst