Quirky pub company Antic has turned an old job centre into Deptford High Street into a brand new watering hole, opening today. But what other famous south east London buildings have been given a new lease of life?
We want you to let us know (comment below or tweet @NewsShopper), but here’s a few to start you off…
Another Antic venture, the old post office in Eltham is now a trendy pub.
The O2 Arena
Perhaps the most high-profile of the lot, the controversial Millennium Dome was reborn as one of the country’s best gig venues. The first gig was Bon Jovi in 2007.
Bus journey’s were never the best of dates, but thanks to a loving transformation in Deptford, an old London bus is now a romantic spot for lovers after a bite to eat.
Deptford Project Café
The people of Deptford sure know how to recycle because here’s another case of something being reborn as a social venue. The Deptford Project Café made use of an old train carriage. Sadly, it reached the end of the line earlier this year when the carriage was moved into storage in Greenwich to make way for houses.
An old shipping container was transformed into a gorgeous little pizza restaurant in Orpington with some serious credentials earlier this year.
- Greenwich Tall Ships Regatta 2017 - Everything you need to know
- Zippo's Circus comes to Blackheath Common
- Learn about Kent's great gardens at event opened by Great British Bake Off runner-up
- London to Dumfries: Why celebrate Burns Night in this sleepy Scottish town?
- VIDEO: Would you act like a dog for exercise? Barking mad keep-fit class could be coming to a park near you