A Mottingham business director has been given a suspended prison sentence for assaulting his ex-partner by smashing her head against a wall.
Scott Andrew Richards, 45, of Beaconsfield Road, was staying with Sally German at a hotel at Wembley Arena on the night of June 29 last year.
The air conditioning repair business director grabbed Ms German, pushed her, punched her and stamped on her feet during a row.
The next morning the argument continued and Richards "grabbed Ms German's head and smashed it against a wall", District Judge Roger Ede told Bexley Magistrates' court on June 4.
On January 7, Richards pleaded not guilty to the assault and two further charges of common assault, one against Ms German on May 31 last year and a second against another male, who cannot be named for legal reasons, on July 7 2013.
In that incident Richards pushed the victim in the chest, shoved him into a spa pool and held him there.
On May 14 this year Richards was found guilty of all three charges following a trial.
Defending him, David Lyn Prosser said: "This is essentially a blip.
"It is coming up to a year since the offence and there have been no repercussions or contact with the complainant.
"He's back living with his ex-wife and his son and he's making a go of it."
Sentencing Richards, Mr Ede noted he has a previous conviction for domestic violence in 2010 against his ex-wife.
He sentenced him to a total of 12 weeks in prison suspended for a year - six weeks for each assault with two sentences to be served consecutively and one concurrently.
Richards was also ordered to pay £720 costs and an £80 victim surcharge, and a restraining was granted against him on behalf of Ms German.
- Updated: 15-year-old boy charged in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- 'Jordan was preparing to go on a family holiday - now his parents are planning his funeral', police chief says on day arrest made and £10k reward is offered
- 'Simply unbelievable': Strangers turn up with car loads of toys to help a burgled pre-school
- Forest Hill restaurant sparks fury with a tasteless comment saying cats 'taste great with Pinot Grigio'
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield