Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- Concert in memory of Beckenham's David Bowie to be held on what would have been his 70th birthday
- VIDEO: South London band soundtrack John Lewis Christmas advert
- Bros are back! Matt and Luke Goss reunite for gig at The O2
- Bucks Fizz's Cheryl Baker is ready to roll back the years in Bromley
- 'We have had 40 years of practice at what we do': pop icon Toyah Willcox is ready for the 80s Invasion in Greenwich