Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- Watch the surreal new video for Good Grief from south Londoners Bastille
- Bromley’s cult musical hero Billy Jenkins’ friends plans celebratory 60th birthday gig
- Meantime's Beer Box returns with FREE gigs
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig
- ‘I used to toboggan down the hill at Greenwich Park’ - Steve Harley talks ahead of his Greenwich Music Time show