Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- Lauryn Hill adds a second intimate Greenwich date
- Paul Simon and Sting, The Vamps, Paloma Faith, You Me at Six all book Greenwich O2 shows
- 2-for-1 tickets to see the world's best Eagles tribute at Greenwich's IndigO2
- REVIEW: Smiles all round at OnBlackheath music and food festival
- Thousands descend on Blackheath for inaugural music and food festival