Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- X Factor: Charlie Jones from Welling's Stereo Kicks saved in sing-off
- PICTURED: Orchestra travel by air, land and water to launch Classical season
- Awards glory in memory of Ed and a gig with Beth Orton for musicians
- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds set to swoop in to Greenwich next year
- Spandau Ballet coming to Greenwich on arena tour