Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- WATCH: Colonel Sanders fight Ronald McDonald at Lewisham McDeez
- Taylor Swift support acts named for British Summer Time at Hyde Park
- Tom Jones and Van Morrison team up for BluesFest in Greenwich
- Ex-superbike champion, James Toseland, releases music video filmed in Belvedere
- Chislehurst band set for Isle of Wight Festival