Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham singer Femme set to win London Music Award
Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- VIDEO: Bromley pop star Pixie Lott took 'risk' with new album
- Interview: Deptford band Athlete ready for rare homecoming gig at On Blackheath festival
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Nashville actor Sam Palladio's southern US accent was made in Sidcup
Comments are closed on this article.