Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- A beginner's guide to watching the Eurovision Song Contest: Everything you need to know
- Travis and The Libertines to play at OnBlackheath festival in September
- VIDEO: Afghanistan veteran releases song to help others through tough times
- Sam Bailey's Sing My Heart Out 2017 tour comes to Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Jake Bugg, Annie Mac, Moxie, Wild Beasts and Fickle Friends set for LeeFest 2017