Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- EUROVISION: 16 things you need to know about Beckenham’s Bianca Nicholas, one half the UK’s entry Electro Velvet
- Made in Chelsea star Andy Jordan joins line-up for Dartford Festival
- Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson discusses new album, Greenwich tour date and John Cusack-starring biopic
- Gravesend woman 'stunned' as her cake pops are presented to One Direction on top US chat show
- Bob Dylan art on display in Kent