Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- James frontman Tim Booth talks about sex, religion and how he owes his success to a marker pen
- Welling schoolboy Charlie Jones 'loving' X Factor experience despite near misses and Twitter sneers from former Apprentice
- Deep Purple announce rare Greenwich show
- Dartford schoolboy Charlie Jones gets through to week four of X Factor with Stereo Kicks
- Life threatening illness won't stop reformed band's big Dartford gig