Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- PICTURED: Superbike champ and singer, James Toseland, films video in Belvedere newsagents
- Madonna will fly back into Greenwich in December - but let's hope the cape stays at home
- The Strokes to headline British Summer Time at Hyde Park
- VIDEO: The fall that broke the internet: Madonna takes a tumble off stage at Brit Awards 2015
- Ultimate playlist: Are these the best 40 songs to get you through the working day?