Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- The Who postpone Greenwich gigs due to illness
- Pop princess Pixie Lott visits Bluewater to reveal secrets of glowing skin
- Meet McBusted's Dougie Poynter and Tom Fletcher at Bluewater next week
- Nicki Minaj, Santana and country music stars set for Greenwich shows
- VIDEO: Rapper brings stars to dessert eating challenge in Catford