Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham singer Femme set to win London Music Award
Lewisham pop singer Femme is set to win a major award at a London ceremony next week.
The 24-year-old, who studied at Goldsmiths, will take home the Rising Star award at the London Music Awards at the Roundhouse on Wednesday (June 11) in a ceremony headlined by Soul II Soul.
The awards show is a major fundraiser for the Mayor’s Music Fund, a charity which supports the skills and talents of young musicians.
In two years, the fund has given out grants of £1.3m and helped 14,000 young music makers.
As well as ticket sales for the bumper gig, money will be raised on the night through an auction hosted by Channel 4’s Jon Snow.
Go to mayorsmusicfund.org
- Beckenham pub to host free three day live music festival
- Plumstead's Lee Ryan releasing single with indie band Rubylux
- The Black Keys to play Greenwich
- Countdown to Greenwich Music Time featuring Jools Holland, Russell Watson and Goldfrapp
- Gerry and the Pacemakers returning to Dartford with 60s Gold
Comments are closed on this article.