Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Teenager charged with murder of 18-year-old James Hunter in Sydenham
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of an 18-year-old who was stabbed to death in Sydenham at the weekend.
James Hunter, nicknamed Yardz, was found with a stab wound to the chest and pronounced dead in Wells Park Road on Saturday (May 31) night.
Police were called to the scene at around 8.30pm to reports of a fight between a group of youths.
The 17-year-old boy will appear in custody at Bromley Youth Court today (June 5) charged with his murder and wounding with intent.
A 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy previously arrested have been released with no further action.
Meanwhile a 13-year-old boy and 15-year-old boy have been bailed pending further investigation and are due back later this month.
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
- A history of Orpington Hospital: Remembering its beginnings as a vital part of the First World War