A Dartford-based children’s charity wants supporters to wear purple with pride from June 13 at the start of a week of fundraising.
chYps, part of EllenorLions Hospice, is seeking to raise £4,000 which will pay for 24 hours of in-home care for the many seriously ill babies, children and young people supported by chYps in Kent and Bexley.
Patron Cheryl Ferguson, Eastenders actress and Sidcup resident, said: "Tweet me your purple pouts and selfies during Children’s Hospice Week as you donate to this wonderful organisation".
Fellow celebrity Phil Spencer has promised to wear a purple suit for the campaign, hoping that others will follow his lead and ‘get purple’ at work to raising awareness.
He said: "The care this charity provides to very poorly children is absolutely vital and only ever able to continue with the help and support of the Kent community."
From June 13-20, residents are encouraged to hold purple cake sales, host purple themed dinner parties, paint their faces purple and dress purple to support the cause.
To donate visit justgiving.com/GetPurple or text PRPL47 £4 to 70070 to donate £4.
- Crowd trouble at Rotherham v Millwall game
- Fawkham nudists battle to save caravans at naturist club
- VIDEO: Has a ghost been caught on film at Orpington Priory?
- New Cross teen charged with firearms offences
- VIDEO: Funny or plain stupid? Gravesend prankster, Daniel Jarvis, attempts to give police officers parking fines