A Dartford-based children’s charity wants supporters to wear purple with pride from June 13 at the start of a week of fundraising.
chYps, part of EllenorLions Hospice, is seeking to raise £4,000 which will pay for 24 hours of in-home care for the many seriously ill babies, children and young people supported by chYps in Kent and Bexley.
Patron Cheryl Ferguson, Eastenders actress and Sidcup resident, said: "Tweet me your purple pouts and selfies during Children’s Hospice Week as you donate to this wonderful organisation".
Fellow celebrity Phil Spencer has promised to wear a purple suit for the campaign, hoping that others will follow his lead and ‘get purple’ at work to raising awareness.
He said: "The care this charity provides to very poorly children is absolutely vital and only ever able to continue with the help and support of the Kent community."
From June 13-20, residents are encouraged to hold purple cake sales, host purple themed dinner parties, paint their faces purple and dress purple to support the cause.
To donate visit justgiving.com/GetPurple or text PRPL47 £4 to 70070 to donate £4.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by car in New Cross
- Health experts encouraging people to give their livers a break and go dry for January
- VIDEO: Bexleyheath Academy Frozen song viewed more than 10,000 times in a day
- UPDATE: Four people in hospital following four-car crash on M25 at Swanley