A 12-month project to transform the garden of a Bickley care home from dark and uninviting to a "fantastic, beautiful space" has been completed.
Queen Elizabeth House, in Southborough Lane, celebrated the opening of their newly landscaped garden with the mayor of Bromley Ernest Noad on Saturday (May 30).
Manager at Queen Elizabeth House Beverley Simms Dick said: "The formal opening of the garden today is a fitting end to a long journey which has involved residents, staff and relatives all working together to produce this fantastic, beautiful space which all can enjoy."
Peggy Wright, 93, who played a major role in the purchasing and arrangement of the flowers for the garden, added: "I am thrilled with the way it has all turned out."
- Man, 22, in hospital after 'assault' in Slade Green Road, Erith
- Swanscombe garage totally destroyed in blaze
- UPDATE: Four fire engines deal with chemical spill in Northfleet
- Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby in 'constant pain every single day'
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS choir sign film deal to tell story of success