Community groups in Gravesham are being encouraged to apply for a slice of £80,000 in council funding.
Gravesham Council and Kent County Council are each putting in £40,000 to be split between Gravesham’s three neighbourhood forums.
The Gravesham East and Northfleet, Gravesend West and Gravesham Rural forums will each be able to recommend groups for grants of up to £5,000.
Applications from all types of organisations and groups are welcomed but they have to be properly constituted and have a current bank account.
Faith groups will be considered but an application must show the project will benefit the wider community and not just the group itself.
The deadline for applications is September 30.
Applicants should contact their local Kent County and Gravesham Borough Council members before completing the application form.
- Teenager 'attempting to drown themselves in Lewisham lake' rescued by emergency services
- TRAFFIC WARNING: Expect delays on A2 and M25 in Kent this morning
- JAILED: Drug dealer caught with 70 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in Woolwich
- UPDATE: Several people injured in Greenwich bus crash
- Oh dear! Manager tells of moment 'bloody great big deer' runs into West Wickham pub