Community groups in Gravesham are being encouraged to apply for a slice of £80,000 in council funding.
Gravesham Council and Kent County Council are each putting in £40,000 to be split between Gravesham’s three neighbourhood forums.
The Gravesham East and Northfleet, Gravesend West and Gravesham Rural forums will each be able to recommend groups for grants of up to £5,000.
Applications from all types of organisations and groups are welcomed but they have to be properly constituted and have a current bank account.
Faith groups will be considered but an application must show the project will benefit the wider community and not just the group itself.
The deadline for applications is September 30.
Applicants should contact their local Kent County and Gravesham Borough Council members before completing the application form.
- Woolwich Ferry still not operating due to power problems
- Two injured after car and motorbike crash in West Wickham
- Football fans fundraise for "gorgeous" two-year-old with cancer and £500k target
- Robber who raided Petts Wood bank armed with coat hanger faces jail
- Driver destroys two cars then flees scene in Beckenham