A map showing the parties that placed second across London in the recent local elections shows the impressive gains UKIP made in the borough of Bromley.
The Nigel Farage-led party won only two seats in Bromley, both in Cray Valley West, but got a significant number of votes, finishing in second place in almost every ward.
UKIP did better in east London than anywhere else, with a smattering of Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green making up the rest of London's second place finishers.
Whether the party can build on their achievement in next year's general election remains to be seen, with some saying their success is down to little more than protest voting.
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Bold plans for Biggin Hill Airport and the chance of a £5,000 holiday for residents who have their say
- Three sentenced after cannabis found in Sidcup nightclub, leading to discovery of huge cannabis factory in Pratts Bottom
- Police release CCTV images after passenger threatened with knife on Crystal Palace train
- Cement mixer collides with female pedestrian, 60, in Sidcup