Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Map of second-placed parties in local elections shows rise of UKIP in Bromley
A map showing the parties that placed second across London in the recent local elections shows the impressive gains UKIP made in the borough of Bromley.
The Nigel Farage-led party won only two seats in Bromley, both in Cray Valley West, but got a significant number of votes, finishing in second place in almost every ward.
UKIP did better in east London than anywhere else, with a smattering of Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green making up the rest of London's second place finishers.
Whether the party can build on their achievement in next year's general election remains to be seen, with some saying their success is down to little more than protest voting.
- From Larner Road to Erith Park - construction full speed ahead at new estate
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- Saturday Kitchen's Susy Atkins talks summer food and wine at Chapters, Blackheath
- UPDATE: Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
Comments are closed on this article.