A map showing the parties that placed second across London in the recent local elections shows the impressive gains UKIP made in the borough of Bromley.
The Nigel Farage-led party won only two seats in Bromley, both in Cray Valley West, but got a significant number of votes, finishing in second place in almost every ward.
UKIP did better in east London than anywhere else, with a smattering of Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green making up the rest of London's second place finishers.
Whether the party can build on their achievement in next year's general election remains to be seen, with some saying their success is down to little more than protest voting.
- Police release e-fit after man 'sexually assaults woman and punches her in the face' in Gravesend
- Greenwich road casualty reduction is the biggest in London
- TfL announce plans for new river crossings at Thamesmead and Belvedere
- Shopper at 50: Do you remember these classic 1960s TV shows?
- Bexley comes out on top for school places