Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Map of second-placed parties in local elections shows rise of UKIP in Bromley
A map showing the parties that placed second across London in the recent local elections shows the impressive gains UKIP made in the borough of Bromley.
The Nigel Farage-led party won only two seats in Bromley, both in Cray Valley West, but got a significant number of votes, finishing in second place in almost every ward.
UKIP did better in east London than anywhere else, with a smattering of Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green making up the rest of London's second place finishers.
Whether the party can build on their achievement in next year's general election remains to be seen, with some saying their success is down to little more than protest voting.
- Buster the Staffie is Battersea Dogs Home's longest-staying Kent resident - can you give a home?
- Pet of the Day: Benson the big softie
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered