Let’s imagine you have arrived in West Wickham and you have an hour to spare. Where should you go, what should you do?
Vibe’s picked out five things you should see or do. The list is very much a snapshot, so feel free to tell us your picks by leaving a comment below or tweeting @JimNewsShopper.
Grab a coffee
The lengthy High Street has a good range of coffee shops and cafes, so there are plenty of places to put your feet up for a while. There are big chains like Starbucks and Caffe Nero but also lots of cute independents like Caffe Amici, which is also serves a delicious range of sweet treats.
A little off the top
The other thing the High Street has in abundance is hair salons. Looking a little rough around the edges? Treat yourself.
Learn a skill
Ok, maybe you won’t have the chance to learn something from scratch but you can lay the groundwork. A Crafty Needle has everything a knitting, crochet or sewing fan could dream of, as well as books on Knitting for the Absolute Beginner. If needlework’s not for you, maybe pick up an instrument at Ian Lewington Musical Instruments or get active with the help of A Sporting Life.
Grab some quality meat from Larratts butchers.
Treat someone special
Summerflowers has lots of pretty plants, accessories and even a counter with appetising Belgian chocolates so you can make a special gesture to a loved one.
Live like Common people
It’s quite a trot away by West Wickham Common is a lovely place for a wander among the wildlife.
Next week, we're looking at Eltham. E-mail your tips to email@example.com
- Light on time for the festive season at Kew
- Holidays are coming: This is where you'll be able to see the Coca-Cola Christmas truck in London
- You'll eat, drink and be merry on your break to enjoy this food festival
- Diversity star to host FREE Halloween dance workshops in Bexleyheath
- Fireworks 2016: When and where is your local bonfire night and firework display in south east London and north Kent