Let’s imagine you have arrived in West Wickham and you have an hour to spare. Where should you go, what should you do?
Vibe’s picked out five things you should see or do. The list is very much a snapshot, so feel free to tell us your picks by leaving a comment below or tweeting @JimNewsShopper.
Grab a coffee
The lengthy High Street has a good range of coffee shops and cafes, so there are plenty of places to put your feet up for a while. There are big chains like Starbucks and Caffe Nero but also lots of cute independents like Caffe Amici, which is also serves a delicious range of sweet treats.
A little off the top
The other thing the High Street has in abundance is hair salons. Looking a little rough around the edges? Treat yourself.
Learn a skill
Ok, maybe you won’t have the chance to learn something from scratch but you can lay the groundwork. A Crafty Needle has everything a knitting, crochet or sewing fan could dream of, as well as books on Knitting for the Absolute Beginner. If needlework’s not for you, maybe pick up an instrument at Ian Lewington Musical Instruments or get active with the help of A Sporting Life.
Grab some quality meat from Larratts butchers.
Treat someone special
Summerflowers has lots of pretty plants, accessories and even a counter with appetising Belgian chocolates so you can make a special gesture to a loved one.
Live like Common people
It’s quite a trot away by West Wickham Common is a lovely place for a wander among the wildlife.
Next week, we're looking at Eltham. E-mail your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PICTURED: An Olympic champion, Nobel prize winner and Doreen Lawrence among those #ProudtobeGreenwich
- Chance to join amazing adventurer in climb up the O2 for Father’s Day
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term
- ‘I will bring the title back to south London’ - 5 things you need to know from David Haye’s fight at The O2