England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- UPDATE: Man arrested after suspected drugs incident in Lowfield Street, Dartford
- Shopper finds 'Free Palestine' note on Deptford cash machine fiver
- 7 things to see at upcoming Greenwich Tall Ships Festival
- PICTURED: Another car ends up on its roof - this time in Dartford
- PICTURED: Donkeys race for good causes in Danson Park, Bexleyheath