England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- Police cordon off Greenwich Park after 'suspicious item' scare
- JAILED: 'Remorseless' Boxing Day killer knifed neighbour to death in Mottingham
- UPDATE: Traffic misery after broken down lorry blocks Dartford Tunnel and crash closes slipway near Darenth Interchange
- WARNING: Roads in Mottingham closed due to burst water main
- Air ambulance called to 'accidental injury' in Dartford