England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'
- North Korea accused of using south London-based insurers to fund nuclear weapons programme
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers
- Police arrest man on suspicion of funding terrorism
- Record number of runners to take on today's London Marathon