England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire