Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
England legend Stuart Pearce to train Bromley footballers
England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- What a sponger! Great British Bake Off washer upper uses 80 sponges a series
- VIDEO: Bromley pop star Pixie Lott took 'risk' with new album
- 6 expert tips for summer holiday packing from Bluewater's personal shoppers
- Thank Bank: Readers say thank you
- Two arrested after Orpington drugs bust
Comments are closed on this article.