England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- 'He's exceptional': Woolwich parents fork out £15k a year to launch eight-year-old son into superstardom
- WATCH: Police raid cannabis factory in Welling
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- Man on the run after attempted robbery at Swanley supermarket