England legend Stuart Pearce is set to put some of Bromley’s finest footballers through their paces this weekend.
Two teams from Mytime Active in Masons Hill are competing at a five-a-side competition on Sunday – after a training session with the former World Cup left-back.
The affectionately-nicknamed ‘Psycho’ is taking part in the StreetGames Football Pools Fives programme, which provides sporting opportunities to 16-25 year-olds from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bromley’s young players are through to the tournament’s regional final in west London on Sunday, hoping for a place at September’s finale.
Pearce said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with the players and share a bit of advice from my career with them.
“It is great to see programmes like the StreetGames Football Pools Fives reaching people who might have slipped through the net. I’m looking forward to seeing what the players can do.”
There more about the StreetGames charity and its work here.
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead
- Both Sidcup Leisure Centre swimming pools expected to be closed for six days after flooding
- PICTURED: Geordie Shore beauty Holly Hagan meets fans in Bexleyheath as she celebrates 3st super slim down
- UPDATE: Man killed by train near Dartford station
- Air ambulance lands in Abbey Wood after teenager stabbed