A Penge bookies was robbed this week.
Ladbrokes, on the town’s high street, was hit late on Sunday (June 1) evening.
A spokesman for the betting shop confirmed the incident but would not give details on how much was taken.
He said: "We can confirm that a robbery took place in our shop on Penge High Street on the evening of June 1.
“We are assisting police with their enquiries."
He added security procedures limit the information he is able to give to make sure criminals do not find out about security arrangements.
A reader wrote on Facebook yesterday (June 2) that he had spotted police at the scene and believed it may have been an armed raid.
Penge’s Croydon Road Ladbrokes was hit last year, where three men in fancy dress masks struck on Halloween.
The robbers are said to have smashed the glass screen at the bookmakers, making off with cash and a watch on October 31.
We are awaiting a statement regarding this week’s from Bromley police.
- Murder probe launched as young man dies 5 days after stabbing in Lewisham
- Sidcup man 'with the biggest heart' killed by train near Dartford station named as Leon Coulthard
- JAILED: Greenhithe man strangled woman until she pretended to be DEAD
- 'Vehicles and pedestrians just inches apart': New Cross dad fighting for safer roads
- Greenwich Dances festival returning ‘bigger than ever’ in June