A tweet describing abuse of cleaning staff and "persistent vandalism" at a Gravesend park has turned out to be a "very old sign".
However a Gravesham Council spokesman has confirmed toilets at Woodlands Park in Gravesend are open and the picture refers to incidents from years ago.
Twitter user Dominic Rose posted the snap yesterday (June 2) and said: "@GravesendProbs Only in gravesend #chavs."
He subsequently informed @Kent_999s the photo was taken at the park in Wrotham Road.
It shows a sign which says: "These toilets will be closed early due to persistant vandalism and abuse to cleaning staff by members of the public."
However a Gravesham Council spokesman said: "It appears this is a very old sign i.e. years and the toilets are open and there have been no incidents."
- UPDATE: Murder in Thamesmead - 11 arrests after fatal shooting
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash