A tweet describing abuse of cleaning staff and "persistent vandalism" at a Gravesend park has turned out to be a "very old sign".
However a Gravesham Council spokesman has confirmed toilets at Woodlands Park in Gravesend are open and the picture refers to incidents from years ago.
Twitter user Dominic Rose posted the snap yesterday (June 2) and said: "@GravesendProbs Only in gravesend #chavs."
He subsequently informed @Kent_999s the photo was taken at the park in Wrotham Road.
It shows a sign which says: "These toilets will be closed early due to persistant vandalism and abuse to cleaning staff by members of the public."
However a Gravesham Council spokesman said: "It appears this is a very old sign i.e. years and the toilets are open and there have been no incidents."
- PICTURES - air ambulance lands at Haberdasher Aske's school in Crayford
- Man critically injured after being hit by bus
- Naked man spotted 'masturbating' in New Eltham before fleeing with underpants in hand
- PICTURED: Prime Minister makes surprise appearance at Gravesend Vaisakhi celebrations
- Orpington cyclist reunited with stolen bike