A tweet describing abuse of cleaning staff and "persistent vandalism" at a Gravesend park has turned out to be a "very old sign".
However a Gravesham Council spokesman has confirmed toilets at Woodlands Park in Gravesend are open and the picture refers to incidents from years ago.
Twitter user Dominic Rose posted the snap yesterday (June 2) and said: "@GravesendProbs Only in gravesend #chavs."
He subsequently informed @Kent_999s the photo was taken at the park in Wrotham Road.
It shows a sign which says: "These toilets will be closed early due to persistant vandalism and abuse to cleaning staff by members of the public."
However a Gravesham Council spokesman said: "It appears this is a very old sign i.e. years and the toilets are open and there have been no incidents."
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- UPDATE: Boyfriend admits killing EastEnders actress Sian Blake and two children in Erith
- Appeal to find owners of sunken treasure found by police divers in Plumstead
- Meet the elderly woman responsible for those stunning carvings in Barnehurst woods
- Two men knifed in separate stabbings across Lewisham