UPDATE: Sign about park cleaners being told to bog off in Gravesend is from 'years ago' (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Sign about park cleaners being told to bog off in Woodlands Park is from 'years ago'
A tweet describing abuse of cleaning staff and "persistent vandalism" at a Gravesend park has turned out to be a "very old sign".
However a Gravesham Council spokesman has confirmed toilets at Woodlands Park in Gravesend are open and the picture refers to incidents from years ago.
Twitter user Dominic Rose posted the snap yesterday (June 2) and said: "@GravesendProbs Only in gravesend #chavs."
He subsequently informed @Kent_999s the photo was taken at the park in Wrotham Road.
It shows a sign which says: "These toilets will be closed early due to persistant vandalism and abuse to cleaning staff by members of the public."
However a Gravesham Council spokesman said: "It appears this is a very old sign i.e. years and the toilets are open and there have been no incidents."
- Six-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Bromley charity visit sees unexpected appearance from Prime Minister David Cameron
- Grove Park stakes claim to be home of Edith Nesbit classic The Railway Children
- UPDATE: Parent outrage as Bromley Council committee decision leaves children without a school
- Horrible bosses: Almost half of Londoners hate their managers - how about you?
Comments are closed on this article.