A tweet describing abuse of cleaning staff and "persistent vandalism" at a Gravesend park has turned out to be a "very old sign".
However a Gravesham Council spokesman has confirmed toilets at Woodlands Park in Gravesend are open and the picture refers to incidents from years ago.
Twitter user Dominic Rose posted the snap yesterday (June 2) and said: "@GravesendProbs Only in gravesend #chavs."
He subsequently informed @Kent_999s the photo was taken at the park in Wrotham Road.
It shows a sign which says: "These toilets will be closed early due to persistant vandalism and abuse to cleaning staff by members of the public."
However a Gravesham Council spokesman said: "It appears this is a very old sign i.e. years and the toilets are open and there have been no incidents."
- Man beaten to death in Eltham by brothers after 'gay' insult, court hears
- UPDATE: Disruption expected at Dartford station due to signalling problems
- Charlton fans get green light for Belgium protest against owner who blames campaign on 'few hot heads shown door by club'
- 'Good things come to those who wait' says Greenhithe councillor ahead of significant year for Swanscombe London Paramount Resorts
- Plumstead man 'killed banker after being laughed at' on night out in Blackheath