A man who "jumped" in front of a lorry in Catford died from his injuries yesterday (June 1), police say.
Emergency services were called to Stanstead Road at around 11.15am on May 23 where the man, named as 48-year-old Daniel Robin Wolfendale, had been hit by a truck carrying slabs of concrete.
Police closed off the road and cordoned off the scene while shocked witnesses looked on.
The man, who suffered head and leg injuries, was rushed to the major trauma centre at Kings College Hospital.
Witnesses claimed the victim had been standing at the bus stop and then thrown himself in front of the oncoming vehicle.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8285 1574.
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert