A man who "jumped" in front of a lorry in Catford died from his injuries yesterday (June 1), police say.
Emergency services were called to Stanstead Road at around 11.15am on May 23 where the man, named as 48-year-old Daniel Robin Wolfendale, had been hit by a truck carrying slabs of concrete.
Police closed off the road and cordoned off the scene while shocked witnesses looked on.
The man, who suffered head and leg injuries, was rushed to the major trauma centre at Kings College Hospital.
Witnesses claimed the victim had been standing at the bus stop and then thrown himself in front of the oncoming vehicle.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8285 1574.
- Woman 'attempted to snatch' young girl at Bluewater shopping centre
- Orpington angler lands 175lb catfish while holidaying in Spain
- 'Motorbike smash' closes Woolwich Road, Charlton
- Driver anger as introduction of new barrier-free Dartford Crossing is delayed
- 'My rapist witchcraft dad is the worst person in the world'