A man who "jumped" in front of a lorry in Catford died from his injuries yesterday (June 1), police say.
Emergency services were called to Stanstead Road at around 11.15am on May 23 where the man, named as 48-year-old Daniel Robin Wolfendale, had been hit by a truck carrying slabs of concrete.
Police closed off the road and cordoned off the scene while shocked witnesses looked on.
The man, who suffered head and leg injuries, was rushed to the major trauma centre at Kings College Hospital.
Witnesses claimed the victim had been standing at the bus stop and then thrown himself in front of the oncoming vehicle.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8285 1574.
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (May 22 to 25): 12 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent
- UPDATE: Police investigating New Cross diversity officer
- Elderly Petts Wood couple ripped off by rogue trader
- VIDEO: Bikers gather in Greenwich Park for Woolwich Lee Rigby ride
- UPDATE: 16-year-old boy in court charged with attempted murder following New Cross shooting