A 27-year-old man has been released without charge after being arrested for possessing an imitation firearm in Erith yesterday (May 29).
Officers were called by the British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
Police, including firearms officers, attended.
The man was arrested for possession of an imitation firearm in a public place.
He was taken to a south London police station but later released without charge, with no further action taken.
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night brawl in Dartford
- Sidcup man who heard voices and believed he had superpowers jumped in front of train, inquest hears
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Bexley police are hunting these six suspected criminals
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup