A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teenager and woman arrested after man stabbed in Erith
- Dangerous Eltham driver on his phone crashes into 3 vehicles while trying to escape from the police
- Parents launch last-ditch attempt to save 2-year-old daughter after latest supposed victory against cancer fails
- Pensioner jailed for sexual abuse at Anerley children's home
- Southern drivers suspend strikes ahead of new talks