A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat
- INQUEST: Albanian Belmarsh inmate's cell was 'covered in faeces and urine'
- Can you help? Female jogger sexually assaulted during mid-week morning run in Thamesmead
- 28-year-old man shot in Greenwich