A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)