A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email email@example.com
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Cement mixer collides with female pedestrian, 60, in Sidcup
- Mottingham house boarded up after residents suffer abuse from moped-riding youths
- Ex-England and Millwall midfielder tells young Thamesmead footballers: 'Work hard if you want to make it to the Premiership'
- Triumphant return to the stage in Dartford for amateur society in Half a Sixpence