A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- Police helicopter used in search of Bluewater area for person 'carrying a gun'
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- JAILED: Broadchurch TV actor and 'sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party