A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- EXPLAINED: The new 105 phone number and what else you should do in a power cut
- Croydon man jailed for stealing and defrauding Charlton employer out of £260,000
- 'Somewhere to go off the street corners': Petition against demolition of Grove Park Youth Club
- REVEALED: How to get FIFA 17 first in south-east London