A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).
Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.
A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
He remains in custody at a south London police station.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
More to follow.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sidcup man 'with the biggest heart' killed by train near Dartford station named as Leon Coulthard
- Murder probe launched as young man dies 5 days after stabbing in Lewisham
- Catford schoolchildren create tribute to tragic asthma death girl
- 'Robbery' at Welling garage
- Diarrhoea parasite found in north Kent