Man arrested for possessing firearm in in South Road, Erith

Man arrested for possessing firearm in Erith

Man arrested for possessing firearm in Erith

First published in News
Last updated
News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

A man allegedly brandishing a firearm has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).

Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a member of the public of a man with a firearm.

A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.

He remains in custody at a south London police station.

A firearm was recovered at the scene.

More to follow.

Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email hwood@london.newsquest.co.uk

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:17pm Thu 29 May 14

Schofi-d says...

Do you have evidence of said firearm? As it was "alleged"???

Your story's hold as much truth as me saying "all the pot holes around the bexley and dartford area are caused by bombs!"

Can you follow up this story with the facts?? Or will you continue to fear the public with overstated evidence?.......
Do you have evidence of said firearm? As it was "alleged"??? Your story's hold as much truth as me saying "all the pot holes around the bexley and dartford area are caused by bombs!" Can you follow up this story with the facts?? Or will you continue to fear the public with overstated evidence?....... Schofi-d
  • Score: 0

10:22pm Thu 29 May 14

Zens_Saint says...

This was me, I have taken the liberty of correcting this for you. (changes in caps)

A HANDSOME allegedly brandishing a TOY GUN has been arrested in Erith today (May 29).

Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a MUPPET, of a man with a TOY GUN.

A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.

He NO LONGER remains in custody at a south London police station.

A TOY GUN was recovered at the scene AND GIVEN BACK TO HANDSOME MAN.

NO More to follow.
This was me, I have taken the liberty of correcting this for you. (changes in caps) A HANDSOME allegedly brandishing a TOY GUN has been arrested in Erith today (May 29). Officers from the Met were called by British Transport Police at around 12.15pm to South Road, Erith, following a report by a MUPPET, of a man with a TOY GUN. A man has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm. He NO LONGER remains in custody at a south London police station. A TOY GUN was recovered at the scene AND GIVEN BACK TO HANDSOME MAN. NO More to follow. Zens_Saint
  • Score: 15

10:30pm Thu 29 May 14

Schofi-d says...

Hahaha sue the paper! Zens_Saint

It's HILLARIOUS though that we pay all our taxes to detain a QUESTIONABLY HANDSOME man in possession of a TOY GUN for 5 hours, I usually moan about the queue in toys r us but can't compare to that!

You coming on fifa???
Hahaha sue the paper! Zens_Saint It's HILLARIOUS though that we pay all our taxes to detain a QUESTIONABLY HANDSOME man in possession of a TOY GUN for 5 hours, I usually moan about the queue in toys r us but can't compare to that! You coming on fifa??? Schofi-d
  • Score: 11

9:01am Fri 30 May 14

PaulErith says...

Schofi-d wrote:
Do you have evidence of said firearm? As it was "alleged"???

Your story's hold as much truth as me saying "all the pot holes around the bexley and dartford area are caused by bombs!"

Can you follow up this story with the facts?? Or will you continue to fear the public with overstated evidence?.......
They have given you the facts! A man was arrested because he was suspected as having a firearm. What more do you think they should say?
[quote][p][bold]Schofi-d[/bold] wrote: Do you have evidence of said firearm? As it was "alleged"??? Your story's hold as much truth as me saying "all the pot holes around the bexley and dartford area are caused by bombs!" Can you follow up this story with the facts?? Or will you continue to fear the public with overstated evidence?.......[/p][/quote]They have given you the facts! A man was arrested because he was suspected as having a firearm. What more do you think they should say? PaulErith
  • Score: 8

9:36am Fri 30 May 14

Zens_Saint says...

Headline reads: Man arrested for possessing a firearm.

Then they say allegedly brandishing firearm.

Then they say a firearm was recovered.

The only correct statement was I was allegedly brandishing it, which was proven as incorrect I was seen moving it from a house 2 meters outside to the boot of my car and someone reported me for this.

The 'Firearm' was a toy BB Gun used in Airsofting.

So the article is incorrect.
Headline reads: Man arrested for possessing a firearm. Then they say allegedly brandishing firearm. Then they say a firearm was recovered. The only correct statement was I was allegedly brandishing it, which was proven as incorrect I was seen moving it from a house 2 meters outside to the boot of my car and someone reported me for this. The 'Firearm' was a toy BB Gun used in Airsofting. So the article is incorrect. Zens_Saint
  • Score: 18

10:00am Fri 30 May 14

the wall says...

Schofi-d wrote:
Hahaha sue the paper! Zens_Saint

It's HILLARIOUS though that we pay all our taxes to detain a QUESTIONABLY HANDSOME man in possession of a TOY GUN for 5 hours, I usually moan about the queue in toys r us but can't compare to that!

You coming on fifa???
Sue the paper for what exactly?
[quote][p][bold]Schofi-d[/bold] wrote: Hahaha sue the paper! Zens_Saint It's HILLARIOUS though that we pay all our taxes to detain a QUESTIONABLY HANDSOME man in possession of a TOY GUN for 5 hours, I usually moan about the queue in toys r us but can't compare to that! You coming on fifa???[/p][/quote]Sue the paper for what exactly? the wall
  • Score: -9

11:21am Fri 30 May 14

Gypo.Joe says...

Curtain twitchers.

Don't ya luv 'em.
Curtain twitchers. Don't ya luv 'em. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -5

11:31am Fri 30 May 14

Zens_Saint says...

I believe it was someone walking past who looked into my boot, who was so concerned he waited until he got Erith Train Station and reported it to them.
I believe it was someone walking past who looked into my boot, who was so concerned he waited until he got Erith Train Station and reported it to them. Zens_Saint
  • Score: 17

11:42am Fri 30 May 14

Schofi-d says...

Ha! Luckily enough the wall and paulerith we find it extremely HILLARIOUS the events of yesterday, of course there is no grounds to sue the paper it's a sarcastic comment based on comedy of the story

The facts Paul erith are wrong, and the point here is that "the community" will believe that there is a man in their community that is in possession of a firearm and this has been bought to their attention as their local news.

I'm sure there are many people that do own "real" guns in Erith, police followed up their lead as they should, but this story paints the person as a threat, rather than getting ALL evidence before printing a story

Luckily enough it was a toy gun that is used in controlled environment
Ha! Luckily enough the wall and paulerith we find it extremely HILLARIOUS the events of yesterday, of course there is no grounds to sue the paper it's a sarcastic comment based on comedy of the story The facts Paul erith are wrong, and the point here is that "the community" will believe that there is a man in their community that is in possession of a firearm and this has been bought to their attention as their local news. I'm sure there are many people that do own "real" guns in Erith, police followed up their lead as they should, but this story paints the person as a threat, rather than getting ALL evidence before printing a story Luckily enough it was a toy gun that is used in controlled environment Schofi-d
  • Score: 5

2:30pm Fri 30 May 14

the wall says...

Schofi-d wrote:
Ha! Luckily enough the wall and paulerith we find it extremely HILLARIOUS the events of yesterday, of course there is no grounds to sue the paper it's a sarcastic comment based on comedy of the story

The facts Paul erith are wrong, and the point here is that "the community" will believe that there is a man in their community that is in possession of a firearm and this has been bought to their attention as their local news.

I'm sure there are many people that do own "real" guns in Erith, police followed up their lead as they should, but this story paints the person as a threat, rather than getting ALL evidence before printing a story

Luckily enough it was a toy gun that is used in controlled environment
It's called breaking news. Maybe you're new to the world of web based local news sites or maybe you're just a bit of a twunt and like all this drama........ I'm thinking both.
[quote][p][bold]Schofi-d[/bold] wrote: Ha! Luckily enough the wall and paulerith we find it extremely HILLARIOUS the events of yesterday, of course there is no grounds to sue the paper it's a sarcastic comment based on comedy of the story The facts Paul erith are wrong, and the point here is that "the community" will believe that there is a man in their community that is in possession of a firearm and this has been bought to their attention as their local news. I'm sure there are many people that do own "real" guns in Erith, police followed up their lead as they should, but this story paints the person as a threat, rather than getting ALL evidence before printing a story Luckily enough it was a toy gun that is used in controlled environment[/p][/quote]It's called breaking news. Maybe you're new to the world of web based local news sites or maybe you're just a bit of a twunt and like all this drama........ I'm thinking both. the wall
  • Score: -9

2:48pm Fri 30 May 14

Zens_Saint says...

So if it's breaking news why hasn't it been updated when the paper now have the correct facts?

All that is achieved from this misleading headline is people will be worried about this in there local area.

Reporting breaking news is fine but we've clearly pointed out that they have made mistakes in the article which can cause confusion, purely from the article itself it will lead people to believe an actual firearm was brandished, yet they have also said it was allegedly.

Maybe you have too much times on your hands and should go out into the real world and not sit being a keyboard warrior
warrior, calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish.
So if it's breaking news why hasn't it been updated when the paper now have the correct facts? All that is achieved from this misleading headline is people will be worried about this in there local area. Reporting breaking news is fine but we've clearly pointed out that they have made mistakes in the article which can cause confusion, purely from the article itself it will lead people to believe an actual firearm was brandished, yet they have also said it was allegedly. Maybe you have too much times on your hands and should go out into the real world and not sit being a keyboard warrior warrior, calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish. Zens_Saint
  • Score: 15

2:53pm Fri 30 May 14

Schofi-d says...

The wall......

Tell me, is it news? Or is it false? Was there a real firearm? Was it brandished? Was it even in south road? Does he remain in custody? Is the firearm in custody?

No, yes, no, no, no, no and no!

I can imagine you have nothing better to do than troll through the online newspaper articles, of anything that interests you or that you can start an argument on, nice for you, you have a hobby, but how about getting a real life? Do you know the FACTS? Nope, are you (as you say) "twunt" I can only assume that is two profoundinf words out together, which by the way is very clever of somebody that seems to have the naivity of a child, hell yes you are and you can sit yourself right up there in the number one position

Like the drama? As stated previously I find it hilarious that this has been printed when there is next to no truth on the story, but they won't print the actually events that occurred, hence my words are purely based in light of the story in a comical sense, you sir/madam/it/he-she whatever you are have caused an argument that has nothing to do with you, and I feel sorry should anyone be close to you? But.... For someone that looks for drama themselves don't you think you contradict yourself? Look look look I can do it too penarse!

Now.... Unless you have anything that states the truth behind this story, I suggest you crawl back to that hole and stay there until breaking news of a nuclear bomb is found in morrisons, but turns out to be a lunchbox! Then I will speak to again

Ta ta
The wall...... Tell me, is it news? Or is it false? Was there a real firearm? Was it brandished? Was it even in south road? Does he remain in custody? Is the firearm in custody? No, yes, no, no, no, no and no! I can imagine you have nothing better to do than troll through the online newspaper articles, of anything that interests you or that you can start an argument on, nice for you, you have a hobby, but how about getting a real life? Do you know the FACTS? Nope, are you (as you say) "twunt" I can only assume that is two profoundinf words out together, which by the way is very clever of somebody that seems to have the naivity of a child, hell yes you are and you can sit yourself right up there in the number one position Like the drama? As stated previously I find it hilarious that this has been printed when there is next to no truth on the story, but they won't print the actually events that occurred, hence my words are purely based in light of the story in a comical sense, you sir/madam/it/he-she whatever you are have caused an argument that has nothing to do with you, and I feel sorry should anyone be close to you? But.... For someone that looks for drama themselves don't you think you contradict yourself? Look look look I can do it too penarse! Now.... Unless you have anything that states the truth behind this story, I suggest you crawl back to that hole and stay there until breaking news of a nuclear bomb is found in morrisons, but turns out to be a lunchbox! Then I will speak to again Ta ta Schofi-d
  • Score: 10

3:07pm Fri 30 May 14

the wall says...

Zens_Saint wrote:
So if it's breaking news why hasn't it been updated when the paper now have the correct facts?

All that is achieved from this misleading headline is people will be worried about this in there local area.

Reporting breaking news is fine but we've clearly pointed out that they have made mistakes in the article which can cause confusion, purely from the article itself it will lead people to believe an actual firearm was brandished, yet they have also said it was allegedly.

Maybe you have too much times on your hands and should go out into the real world and not sit being a keyboard warrior
warrior, calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish.
I don't work for the NS, so take it up them. No one forced you to come on here sign up and leave comments.

calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish. You mongtard, I was expressing my opinion. So some one else can do it but because you don't like what I have written it that makes me childish. The irony is strong in you. Welcome to in the interweb.

keyboard warrior warrior..... What's that an echo echo?

out into the real world - Yeah the really world with airsoft guns lol. I'm out shooting with really guns this weekend.
[quote][p][bold]Zens_Saint[/bold] wrote: So if it's breaking news why hasn't it been updated when the paper now have the correct facts? All that is achieved from this misleading headline is people will be worried about this in there local area. Reporting breaking news is fine but we've clearly pointed out that they have made mistakes in the article which can cause confusion, purely from the article itself it will lead people to believe an actual firearm was brandished, yet they have also said it was allegedly. Maybe you have too much times on your hands and should go out into the real world and not sit being a keyboard warrior warrior, calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish.[/p][/quote]I don't work for the NS, so take it up them. No one forced you to come on here sign up and leave comments. calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish. You mongtard, I was expressing my opinion. So some one else can do it but because you don't like what I have written it that makes me childish. The irony is strong in you. Welcome to in the interweb. keyboard warrior warrior..... What's that an echo echo? out into the real world - Yeah the really world with airsoft guns lol. I'm out shooting with really guns this weekend. the wall
  • Score: -13

3:09pm Fri 30 May 14

the wall says...

Schofi-d wrote:
The wall......

Tell me, is it news? Or is it false? Was there a real firearm? Was it brandished? Was it even in south road? Does he remain in custody? Is the firearm in custody?

No, yes, no, no, no, no and no!

I can imagine you have nothing better to do than troll through the online newspaper articles, of anything that interests you or that you can start an argument on, nice for you, you have a hobby, but how about getting a real life? Do you know the FACTS? Nope, are you (as you say) "twunt" I can only assume that is two profoundinf words out together, which by the way is very clever of somebody that seems to have the naivity of a child, hell yes you are and you can sit yourself right up there in the number one position

Like the drama? As stated previously I find it hilarious that this has been printed when there is next to no truth on the story, but they won't print the actually events that occurred, hence my words are purely based in light of the story in a comical sense, you sir/madam/it/he-she whatever you are have caused an argument that has nothing to do with you, and I feel sorry should anyone be close to you? But.... For someone that looks for drama themselves don't you think you contradict yourself? Look look look I can do it too penarse!

Now.... Unless you have anything that states the truth behind this story, I suggest you crawl back to that hole and stay there until breaking news of a nuclear bomb is found in morrisons, but turns out to be a lunchbox! Then I will speak to again

Ta ta
Idle threats. Yawn!
[quote][p][bold]Schofi-d[/bold] wrote: The wall...... Tell me, is it news? Or is it false? Was there a real firearm? Was it brandished? Was it even in south road? Does he remain in custody? Is the firearm in custody? No, yes, no, no, no, no and no! I can imagine you have nothing better to do than troll through the online newspaper articles, of anything that interests you or that you can start an argument on, nice for you, you have a hobby, but how about getting a real life? Do you know the FACTS? Nope, are you (as you say) "twunt" I can only assume that is two profoundinf words out together, which by the way is very clever of somebody that seems to have the naivity of a child, hell yes you are and you can sit yourself right up there in the number one position Like the drama? As stated previously I find it hilarious that this has been printed when there is next to no truth on the story, but they won't print the actually events that occurred, hence my words are purely based in light of the story in a comical sense, you sir/madam/it/he-she whatever you are have caused an argument that has nothing to do with you, and I feel sorry should anyone be close to you? But.... For someone that looks for drama themselves don't you think you contradict yourself? Look look look I can do it too penarse! Now.... Unless you have anything that states the truth behind this story, I suggest you crawl back to that hole and stay there until breaking news of a nuclear bomb is found in morrisons, but turns out to be a lunchbox! Then I will speak to again Ta ta[/p][/quote]Idle threats. Yawn! the wall
  • Score: -10

3:29pm Fri 30 May 14

Schofi-d says...

No one forced you either numpty

I didn't direct any comment at you until YOU started directing them towards me, it's clear to see that from your comments you've met your match on this and have nothing of any relevance to say anymore other than sinking even further into your chair and down a few more brain levels

Let me point out,

Your response to warrior comment, is echo echo? That's extremely clever and you have have me a stitch from laughing so much........... :-/

You're quite happy to respond to these comments but have nothing in return to offer. You need to come up with something better than mongtard, I don't know what decade you're stuck in but I'm 100% certain that's what me and my mates used to call each other in the playground.....

BREAKING NEWS! We played with toy guns!

The really world? The really guns? .......
Is that a really happy really magical place with really big rainbows and lots of really pretty flowers! It sounds like a child has responded here, I'm almost certain

If you do go out with "really guns" at the weekend turn it round and see what happens when you pull the trigger.,.....

Your opinions involve (let me think on your level here I assume big words will be too hard for you) cussing, dissing, disrespecting, a persons comment, yet you don't know facts, now.... It's clear you can't take responses and have nothing worth while to say, so unless you want to keep on going, as I'm sure you look like more of an invalid and inadequate human being than I do, shut your computer down, go find your mum and slap her in the face for raising a again in your words for ease of understanding "twunt"
No one forced you either numpty I didn't direct any comment at you until YOU started directing them towards me, it's clear to see that from your comments you've met your match on this and have nothing of any relevance to say anymore other than sinking even further into your chair and down a few more brain levels Let me point out, Your response to warrior comment, is echo echo? That's extremely clever and you have have me a stitch from laughing so much........... :-/ You're quite happy to respond to these comments but have nothing in return to offer. You need to come up with something better than mongtard, I don't know what decade you're stuck in but I'm 100% certain that's what me and my mates used to call each other in the playground..... BREAKING NEWS! We played with toy guns! The really world? The really guns? ....... Is that a really happy really magical place with really big rainbows and lots of really pretty flowers! It sounds like a child has responded here, I'm almost certain If you do go out with "really guns" at the weekend turn it round and see what happens when you pull the trigger.,..... Your opinions involve (let me think on your level here I assume big words will be too hard for you) cussing, dissing, disrespecting, a persons comment, yet you don't know facts, now.... It's clear you can't take responses and have nothing worth while to say, so unless you want to keep on going, as I'm sure you look like more of an invalid and inadequate human being than I do, shut your computer down, go find your mum and slap her in the face for raising a again in your words for ease of understanding "twunt" Schofi-d
  • Score: 15

3:38pm Fri 30 May 14

PaulErith says...

the wall wrote:
Zens_Saint wrote:
So if it's breaking news why hasn't it been updated when the paper now have the correct facts?

All that is achieved from this misleading headline is people will be worried about this in there local area.

Reporting breaking news is fine but we've clearly pointed out that they have made mistakes in the article which can cause confusion, purely from the article itself it will lead people to believe an actual firearm was brandished, yet they have also said it was allegedly.

Maybe you have too much times on your hands and should go out into the real world and not sit being a keyboard warrior
warrior, calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish.
I don't work for the NS, so take it up them. No one forced you to come on here sign up and leave comments.

calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish. You mongtard, I was expressing my opinion. So some one else can do it but because you don't like what I have written it that makes me childish. The irony is strong in you. Welcome to in the interweb.

keyboard warrior warrior..... What's that an echo echo?

out into the real world - Yeah the really world with airsoft guns lol. I'm out shooting with really guns this weekend.
Don't accidentally shoot yourself with your 'really gun'!
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zens_Saint[/bold] wrote: So if it's breaking news why hasn't it been updated when the paper now have the correct facts? All that is achieved from this misleading headline is people will be worried about this in there local area. Reporting breaking news is fine but we've clearly pointed out that they have made mistakes in the article which can cause confusion, purely from the article itself it will lead people to believe an actual firearm was brandished, yet they have also said it was allegedly. Maybe you have too much times on your hands and should go out into the real world and not sit being a keyboard warrior warrior, calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish.[/p][/quote]I don't work for the NS, so take it up them. No one forced you to come on here sign up and leave comments. calling someone a twunt for expressing there opinion is childish. You mongtard, I was expressing my opinion. So some one else can do it but because you don't like what I have written it that makes me childish. The irony is strong in you. Welcome to in the interweb. keyboard warrior warrior..... What's that an echo echo? out into the real world - Yeah the really world with airsoft guns lol. I'm out shooting with really guns this weekend.[/p][/quote]Don't accidentally shoot yourself with your 'really gun'! PaulErith
  • Score: 13

3:46pm Fri 30 May 14

the wall says...

Schofi-d wrote:
No one forced you either numpty

I didn't direct any comment at you until YOU started directing them towards me, it's clear to see that from your comments you've met your match on this and have nothing of any relevance to say anymore other than sinking even further into your chair and down a few more brain levels

Let me point out,

Your response to warrior comment, is echo echo? That's extremely clever and you have have me a stitch from laughing so much........... :-/

You're quite happy to respond to these comments but have nothing in return to offer. You need to come up with something better than mongtard, I don't know what decade you're stuck in but I'm 100% certain that's what me and my mates used to call each other in the playground.....

BREAKING NEWS! We played with toy guns!

The really world? The really guns? .......
Is that a really happy really magical place with really big rainbows and lots of really pretty flowers! It sounds like a child has responded here, I'm almost certain

If you do go out with "really gunsThanks for replying, I wasted no time in reading any of it. You have both been baited. It's so easy to pull peoples strings. MPS.. But really thanks the entrainment, we have all had a good laugh here.
[quote][p][bold]Schofi-d[/bold] wrote: No one forced you either numpty I didn't direct any comment at you until YOU started directing them towards me, it's clear to see that from your comments you've met your match on this and have nothing of any relevance to say anymore other than sinking even further into your chair and down a few more brain levels Let me point out, Your response to warrior comment, is echo echo? That's extremely clever and you have have me a stitch from laughing so much........... :-/ You're quite happy to respond to these comments but have nothing in return to offer. You need to come up with something better than mongtard, I don't know what decade you're stuck in but I'm 100% certain that's what me and my mates used to call each other in the playground..... BREAKING NEWS! We played with toy guns! The really world? The really guns? ....... Is that a really happy really magical place with really big rainbows and lots of really pretty flowers! It sounds like a child has responded here, I'm almost certain If you do go out with "really gunsThanks for replying, I wasted no time in reading any of it. You have both been baited. It's so easy to pull peoples strings. MPS.. But really thanks the entrainment, we have all had a good laugh here. the wall
  • Score: -13

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree