A man from Dartford and a woman from Sidcup have appeared in court in connection with alleged "serious physical harm" suffered by a three-year-old boy.
Gregory Dassrath, 32, of Ribblesdale Road, Dartford, and Catherine Garrard, 38, of Longmeadow Road, Sidcup, appeared at Bexley Magistrates' Court on May 28.
They are accused of causing or allowing the child to suffer serious physical harm between September 22 and 28 last year.
The boy cannot be named for legal reasons.
Mr Dassrath and Ms Garrard are on conditional bail and will appear at Inner London Crown Court next month.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths