Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley Formula 1 fanatic meets Lewis Hamilton and gets behind the wheel
Former Formula 1 champion Lewis Hamilton took the time to talk racing with a Bromley lad - and even let him get behind the wheel of one of the world’s fastest cars.
On Friday May 23 Samveer Parris was swept off to the Monaco Grand Prix to talk to his hero before the upcoming race, and was also given a tour of the famous garage.
Known as Sam, the 18-year-old suffers from relapsed Ewings Sarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer, and was given the opportunity through charity Starlight which grants experiences to seriously and terminally ill young people.
Sam is working against all the odds to complete his A Levels in preparation to study engineering at university so he can one day work in motor racing.
He said: "Lewis was simply brilliant, he let me sit in Nico's (Rosberg) car and told me how everything works; what he has to do during qualifying and the race and just gave me loads of one-to-one time.
"I want to be an engineer when I leave uni and the last thing Lewis said was to give him a call when I get my degree - and I said I sure will!"
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- PICTURED: Bexleyheath's Miss Universe finalist models lingerie live at Bluewater
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Popular Greenwich market wins award
- Old people's charity being 'thrown out' of Swanley base by council
Comments are closed on this article.