Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- No Southeastern services between Victoria and Lewisham until at least 6pm
- Orpington man arrested on suspicion of assault over 'minor' fare dispute
- Unsolved Lee rape case to feature on Crimewatch
- Orpington sprinter Dina Asher-Smith sets women's British 100m record
- Age UK Chislehurst hosts fundraiser after vandals wage destruction