Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- Manager of New Cross porn cinema: 'Everyone does have sex. Everyone has a penis or a vagina'
- VIDEO: How did these drivers walk away unscathed after three car smash in Orpington?
- Two men barge into Petts Wood shop and nab bottle of vodka from behind counter
- Policewoman sentenced after pleading guilty to dangerous driving in Anerley
- Beckenham hit-and-run driver leaves trail of destruction after striking middle-aged man