Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- Gifted young Bromley musicians win scholarships from London Mayor’s fund
- Demand for free school meals at Bromley school doubles this term
- Former David Beckham football academy in Greenwich to close
- 5 thoughts of the week: Old people's health woes, tattoos harming job prospects and more