Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- Man beaten to death in Eltham by brothers after 'gay' insult, court hears
- Even more travel misery on the way as Tube maintenance workers vote for strike action
- Eltham mum fundraising in memory of daughter who wanted to dedicate her life to helping others
- South London teenagers arrested on suspicion of terror offences
- 116 Kodi add-ons you're probably watching that could be breaching copyright laws