Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- Ocado plans £98.8m distribution centre for Erith
- Greenhithe's Len Goodman joins Strictly Come Dancing Live tour in Greenwich
- PICTURED: Police bust huge cannabis factory worth £250K at Chelsfield farmhouse
- Hither Green's fish and chip shop nightclub takes council battering
- Greenwich Council apologises after campaigner told by security to stop filming meeting