Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Catford Broadway becomes pedestrian zone
Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- Little boy falls out of window in Dartford
- Wilde's Dorian Gray to take up residence in Greenwich townhouse
- Driver critical after Greenwich crash
- Swanley war memorial gets £14,000 facelift in memory of lost officer
Comments are closed on this article.