Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- UPDATE: Warning after mystery white powder 'poisons' Greenwich dogs
- Bromley schoolboy died after he was punched in the face unprovoked, court hears
- Ukip choose culture spokesman as candidate for Eltham election
- Northumberland Heath shops take on meningitis with fundraising week
- Shirtless man in two-hour police stand-off outside Lewisham Hospital