Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- EUROVISION: 16 things you didn’t know about Beckenham’s Bianca Nicholas, one half the UK’s entry Electro Velvet
- PICTURED: Man spots UFOs above Welling
- Motorcyclist, 26, killed in Beckenham smash part of notorious biker gang
- PICTURED: Little ships sail past Gravesend to mark Dunkirk rescue
- Man suffers head injuries after car and motorbike crash in Keston