Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- PICTURES AND VIDEO: Lewisham floods as River Ravensbourne burst its banks
- RECIPE: Marks and Spencer’s Christmas pudding
- Gravesend flying ace statue will honour town's war heroes
- 'I'm not a nutter' - Blackheath man uses sign to search for Suzy
- Preparations under way at Chislehurst and Sidcup school to mark Magna Carta 800th anniversary