Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- Mother of Dartford-born Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood says she is 'shocked, saddened, and numbed'
- Rapist gets more jail time after another victim sees his image in News Shopper
- WATCH: Bungling 'robbers' botch getaway on moped after trying to steal cigarettes from Eltham shop
- Woman in critical condition after crash in Bexley
- 'Predatory paedophile' jailed for 21 years for raping boy and indecently assaulting three other children