Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash