Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford
- Sidcup man who heard voices and believed he had superpowers jumped in front of train, inquest hears
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Bexley police are hunting these six suspected criminals
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup