Catford Broadway has officially become a pedestrian zone to help attract more people to shop and socialise in the area.
It means any vehicles using the street as a shortcut or for parking would be slapped with a fine.
Cyclists can still use the pedestrian zone, which also covers a section of Brookdale Road between Catford Broadway and the entrance to Catford Shopping Centre.
More than £2.1 million has been pumped into revamping Catford Broadway including new lighting and seating and improving the look of shop fronts.
The funding has come from the Mayor of London and Lewisham Council.
For more information on the changes to Catford Broadway visit lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/regeneration/Catford-regeneration/Pages/Catford-Broadway.aspx
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- 'He's exceptional': Woolwich parents fork out £15k a year to launch eight-year-old son into superstardom
- WATCH: Police raid cannabis factory in Welling
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- Man on the run after attempted robbery at Swanley supermarket